Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD prompt here only opens to root

Jul
Edit:
I had neglected to mention, I am running Windows 7 b7100.

------

If I use the "TCMD prompt here" on any folder -- desktop/explorer/etc -- it opens to my C:\ drive.

Should this be the case?

I executed the "tcmdhere.btm" to install it.

?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

If I use the "TCMD prompt here" on any folder -- desktop/explorer/etc -- it opens to my C:\ drive.

Should this be the case?

Well, I have to admit that I don't use those batch files myself. Looking at TCMDHERE.BTM, I suspect that that registry setting only sets the current directory for Take Command itself and only when it is first launched. I don't think it will affect new tabs in an existing instance of TC.

I'm attaching my own shell-integration batch file, which takes a different approach to opening new tabs. It also adds a few more shell verbs for .BTM files, including Edit, Print, and Debug. Try it; I think it may do what you want.

Attachments

• RegTweaks.btm
    23.6 KB · Views: 294
Well, I have to admit that I don't use those batch files myself. Looking at TCMDHERE.BTM, I suspect that that registry setting only sets the current directory for Take Command itself and only when it is first launched. I don't think it will affect new tabs in an existing instance of TC.

I'm attaching my own shell-integration batch file, which takes a different approach to opening new tabs. It also adds a few more shell verbs for .BTM files, including Edit, Print, and Debug. Try it; I think it may do what you want.

Charles:

It's doing it to me without any instance of TCMD running.

I'll try your batch file...thanks.

Regards,
Chuck

Charles:

Admittedly, I am a total novice, but it appears the your file did exactly what was needed.

Thanks,
Chuck

Edit:
I had neglected to mention, I am running Windows 7 b7100.

------

Should this be the case?

?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

I found that I was getting the same thing with TCMD when I used the tcmdhere.btm file, except that it was starting up TCMD with c:\program files\jpsoft\tcmd as the default directory.

As it turns out, the TCMD.INI settings for the [Tab1] for Directory=xxxx take precedence over the startup directory from explorer.

Once I removed the Directory= line, then right-clicking on a folder in explorer will start up Take Command in the correct directory.

Gord

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:51:42 -0400, gfinlay <> wrote:

|If I use the "TCMD prompt here" on any folder -- desktop/explorer/etc -- it opens to my C:\ drive.
|
|Should this be the case?
|
|I executed the "tcmdhere.btm" to install it.

Is there something in your TCSTART.BAT which changes the directory to c:\?
--
- Vince

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:51:42 -0400, gfinlay <> wrote:

|If I use the "TCMD prompt here" on any folder -- desktop/explorer/etc -- it opens to my C:\ drive.
|
|Should this be the case?
|
|I executed the "tcmdhere.btm" to install it.

Is there something in your TCSTART.BAT which changes the directory to c:\?
--
- Vince

Vince, that's what I found last night in my TCMD Here option.

The TCStart file was directing it to the root.

Regards,
Chuck