Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

upgrade policy

D

drrob1

What is the policy regarding upgrade purchases? If I were to buy tcmd 10 today, what is the policy regarding tcmd 11? Do I get a free upgrade for a period of time after buying an upgrade to v10?

On 2009-10-02 21:10, rconn wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by drrob1)---
> What is the policy regarding upgrade purchases? If I were to buy tcmd 10 today, what is the policy regarding tcmd 11? Do I get a free upgrade for a period of time after buying an upgrade to v10?
> ---End Quote---
>
> Yes - anybody who buys v10 within 60 days prior to v11's release gets a free upgrade.

Alternatively, you can go for the Annual Support package, which gives
you support and upgrades for a whole year. As long as Rex keeps
churning out enough versions each year, it's cheaper than upgrades... :)

when is v11 due for release?

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 14:10 -0500, rconn wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by drrob1)---
> What is the policy regarding upgrade purchases? If I were to buy tcmd 10 today, what is the policy regarding tcmd 11? Do I get a free upgrade for a period of time after buying an upgrade to v10?
> ---End Quote---
>
> Yes - anybody who buys v10 within 60 days prior to v11's release gets a free upgrade.
>
>
>
>

On 2009-10-02 21:10, rconn wrote:

Alternatively, you can go for the Annual Support package, which gives
you support and upgrades for a whole year. As long as Rex keeps
churning out enough versions each year, it's cheaper than upgrades... :)

As a registered 4NT8 user, I purchased the Annual Support package Friday evening, for $39.95 USD, (all I could afford), but received no key back from JPSoftware.

I contacted them this afternoon, and was told that the Annual Support package does not entitle me to an upgrade, or a copy of the program. I was told that it is meant for people who have a key already.

I tried the key that I received with my copy of 4NT8 way back when, but it did not work with Take Command 10.

Looks like I'm sticking with 4NT8 for the next while, until I can save up the money for an upgrade, since the Annual Support package will not allow me to upgrade.

Joe