Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIEW doesn't work again

Oct
Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD14x64]dir | view
nothing happens

Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD14x64]ver /r

TCC  14.00.31 x64  Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC Build 31  Windows 7 Build 7601  Service Pack 1
Registered to John Belli - 1 System License
I've already tried moving aside my ini and tcstart, and reinstalling.

Is the directory where V.EXE lives (TCC's home directory) in your PATH variable?

That works for me, but I'm using 32-bit Windows. Have you tried the x86 version of Take Command?

Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD14x64]dir | view
nothing happens

Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD14x64]ver /r

TCC  14.00.31 x64  Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC Build 31  Windows 7 Build 7601  Service Pack 1
Registered to John Belli - 1 System License
I've already tried moving aside my ini and tcstart, and reinstalling.

Not reproducible here (14.0.31 x64 & Win7). Does VIEW work if you don't run it in a pipe (i.e., "view somefile")?

Anybody else having problems running VIEW?

No, it doesn't work at all. Unless I install 32-bit, in which case it works whether or not it's in the path. Well, it does once. Now I can't even start 32-bit.

OK, I fixed it. I found V.log, it said I wasn’t licensed. V does not see the license information if you “Register for all users” only. So I entered my license as a regular user and it works now. Which kind of defeats the purpose of “Register for all users.”

V does not see the license information if you “Register for all users” only. So I entered my license as a regular user and it works now.

Is it possible that you had previously registered as a regular user under a different name?

Registered user has been the above mentioned since version 9, when JPSoft started putting the user name and license number together.

Does “m_nStage=9, stage=2” mean anything?

OK, I fixed it. I found V.log, it said I wasn’t licensed. V does not see the license information if you “Register for all users” only.

Can you still reproduce the problem as another user?

Yes. When I originally installed v14, I used the “register for all users.” Neither account could use VIEW. Then I registered again under my user account. The admin account could still not use VIEW until I registered again without “register for all users.”

Well, I finally got time to try this in a VM and I can’t activate TCMD any more, so can't even attempt a reproduction.