WOW64 Redirection

Oct 18, 2008
Hello --

I am tcmd 14 32bit version on win7 64 bit --
I do have

Wow64FsRedirection=Yes

set in my tcmd.ini file, I can't seem to find a comamnd in "c:\windows\system32" -- since I think
the code is really looking in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Is tcmd working correctly?

Thanks

Oct 18, 2008
Are you talking about TCC or TCMD.EXE? That directive is for TCC, and won't affect the TCMD folder or list views.

(And why are you running the 32-bit version of TCMD on an x64 version of Windows?)
Sorry, yes its TCC that is the shell in TCMD -- the reason I am running the 32bit version is that I have a plugin that
depends on a dll which is 32 bit -- I am going to see if its possible to build it as a 64bit dll

Oct 18, 2008
xp mode, Virtual PC crafted around explorer.exe so most of the time, I am working in the tcc window, so I just
cd to the "virtual machine" folder and run the vmcx file -- My guess that this would work correctly using the 64bit
version?

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
xp mode, Virtual PC crafted around explorer.exe so most of the time, I am working in the tcc window, so I just
cd to the "virtual machine" folder and run the vmcx file -- My guess that this would work correctly using the 64bit
version?
If you're in XP mode, then the 64-bit directories are not visible to any app -- it's not a TCC issue. The directories simply do not exist in the VM.

It should work with the x64 version in native Win7 x64.

Oct 18, 2008
all I am trying to do is run

"c:\windows\system32\vmwindow.exe"

on

"Windows XP Mode.vmcx"

while in the

"C:\Users\frank\Virtual Machines\"
directory
but due to WOW64, tcc (32bit) is not seeing the vmwindow.exe command

Oct 18, 2008
Can CMD.EXE see it?

\windows\system32 when in an XP VM is not the \windows\system32 you see in an x64 environment.
hello --

The 32bit version of cmd.exe does not but the 64bit version does.

But using the win api calls

Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection and Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection

around executing "c:\windows\system32\vmwindow.exe" should work

I am now trying to figure out how to call these
functions via @winapi