TakeCommand 15.00.19 gave me some heart palpitations today when I cancelled out of its installation. I'm in the process of reinstalling my workstation after hardware upgrade (several days in to setting everything up while having not backed up the system yet ), and while doing so, decided to install beta 15 instead of 14. I started the installer, then remembered I hadn't moved the "JP Software" folder in AppData\Roaming from the old installation so that the configuration would be retained on upgrade, and since the installer creates that folder I decided to cancel the installer before moving the old folder over. I backed out to the first screen of the installer, then hit the [x] in the upper right corner. A message popped up notifying that the installation was not complete. Acknowledged. Then... *poof* my entire Windows user profile folder was gone!!! What happened? The profile folder wasn't really erased, but because of the way my system is set up, it became disconnected from the c:\Users\MyUserName. Because I use a SSD, and because the profile folder tends to grow quite large in size over time (far exceeding the size of the SSD), I usually house the profile folder on an RAID array while the core system and software installations live on the SSD. I normally move the profile to D:\_LOCAL\MyUserName early on in new system installation and link it to c:\Users\MyUserName. Below is an outline of the process: Make sure a separate admin account is created and accessible (since this is my personal workstation, my own login is an admin user, so the separate admin account is usually the default "Administrator"). Make sure xxcopy (or other similar utility) is installed. Restart and start Windows in Safe Mode; log in as the admin Open command prompt and copy the existing profile folder to its new location, i.e. xxcopy c:\Users\MyUserName d:\_LOCAL\MyUserName /H /E /R /Y /YY /KS /TCA /TCC /V1 /ZE /ZY /oNd:\transfer.log /oS3 /oF1 /oE3 The above switches make sure everything gets copied and that the timestamps, etc. are preserved at target. Unfortunately the permissions are not preserved correctly, and they have to be reset (below). Compare and match the old and the new folders' privileges (properties > security >advanced); note that the top level owner is the SYSTEM while the profile is otherwise owned by the User whose profile this is (first cascade ownership for the user, then set "SYSTEM" as the owner for the top level only.) Rename the old folder: ren c:\Users\MyUserName c:\Users\MyUserName.old Create a junction point to the new location: mklink /J c:\Users\MyUserName d:\_LOCAL\MyUserName Reboot and test that everything is working, then delete the old user folder at c:\Users\MyUserName.old I assume that the problem with the installer arises from the fact that the profile folder lives behind a junction point – cancelling the installer deletes the junction point!I've never encountered this problem before (with other software installers), so it must be something specific to TakeCommand. I'm not sure if this something new, specific to beta 15 installer, or whether it has been present with earlier versions as well – maybe I just have never cancelled the installer before. I was able to restore the profile folder by quickly rebooting the system, logging in as the Administrator in safe mode and re-establishing the deleted junction point to the profile folder location on the array. Then I made a full image backup of the system SSD before repeating the steps to confirm that this is indeed what happened (and it was). Please fix it; this was an unpleasant experience!