v11 idea - Date picker function

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
It would be handy to have a function, say @PICKDATE, which displays a popup calendar control and allows the user to choose a date. The arguments might include a default date in local/ISO format, or else an integer offset prefixed with - or + to default to n days before/after the current date; and an optional value specifying the format in which to return the selected date.

I imagine this control as displaying a one-month calendar, with left-arrow and right-arrow buttons to decrement/increment the month. It might also be nice to allow for Monday-first vs. Sunday-first format; many countries put Sunday on the right.

May 29, 2008
Groton, CT
It would be handy to have a function, say @PICKDATE, which displays a popup calendar control and allows the user to choose a date. The arguments might include a default date in local/ISO format, or else an integer offset prefixed with - or + to default to n days before/after the current date; and an optional value specifying the format in which to return the selected date.

I imagine this control as displaying a one-month calendar, with left-arrow and right-arrow buttons to decrement/increment the month. It might also be nice to allow for Monday-first vs. Sunday-first format; many countries put Sunday on the right.

I second that request. In fact, I asked for that back in v8 (or maybe v7) days.

Dave C.

Charles Dye wrote:

> It would be handy to have a function, say @PICKDATE, which displays a
> popup calendar control and allows the user to choose a date. The
> arguments might include a default date in local/ISO format,
I'd like to see TCC being able to correctly handle ISO date formats
including the week number, like 4DOS now does, first.

A good example of what you propose is shown by TClockEX
<http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/index.htm> , where the calendar
popup is customizable to show Sunday as the first or last day of the
week and show the ISO week number.

What about a corresponding @picktime function?

* Klaus Meinhard *
4DOS Info - Info for DOS
www.4dos.info

Nov 2, 2008
You can set sunday as the first day of the week through registry. Here's part of a plugin i wrote for bartpe that sets sunday as week first-day.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=10048

Code:
; HKCU\ IREGION=Control Panel\International

0x1, "%IREGION%", "iFirstDayOfWeek" , "6"  ; Sunday  [Mon = 0]
0x1, "%IREGION%", "iFirstDayOfYear" , "0"
0x1, "%IREGION%", "iMeasure" , "1"  ;  1 = true, 0 = false