4UTILS and TCC17

Jan 19, 2011
Norman, OK
Any chance of an update?
Code:
TCC: (Sys) The specified procedure could not be found.
 "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD17x64\PlugIns\4utils64.dll"

I have ones that work with v17. It's just a matter of making sure they're all up to date and ready for public consumption, and deciding how to handle them of the FTP server. Maybe later tonight.

OK, JQS, there are new plugins where the old ones were (4utils, 4console, sysutils) ... ftp://lucky.syr.edu/4plugins[\x64]. I renamed the old (messy) directory "4PluginsPre17".

Oct 18, 2009
Attached is a PDF version of the 4Utils help file. It includes an "embedded index" that makes searches basically instantaneous.

It's basically the 4Utils.txt file but I added "paragraph" numbers and listed all the functions, etc., at the beginning of the file.

The original of @FDATE just says Help. I'm assuming "FDATE" means FileDate but I haven't tried it to make sure.

Attachments

I'm not sure @FDATE was meant for publication. It's a crude and unfinished (at least because of the missing help) attempt at implementing something like this,
Code:
v:\> echo %@FDATE[!yyyy-!mm]
2015-05

v:\> echo %@FDATE[!yy-!m-!d]
15-5-25
It will probably disappear or be spruced up at some time in the future.

I replaced @FDATE and added @FTIME, letting Windows do the work in both cases. I'll try to post new plugins soon. Here's a goofy example.
Code:
p:\4utils\release> echo ^r^nToday is day %@fdate[d] of %@fdate[MMMM] in the year %@fdate[yyyy] (%@fdate[yyyy/MM/dd]).

Today is day 25 of May in the year 2015 (2015/05/25).

p:\4utils\release> echo ^r^nRight now it's %@ftime[m] minutes and %@ftime[s] seconds after %@ftime[h] o'clock in the %@if[%@ftime[t] == P,afternoon,morning] (%@ftime[HH:mm:ss]).

Right now it's 29 minutes and 48 seconds after 3 o'clock in the afternoon (15:29:48).

May 29, 2008
Groton, CT
I'd like to suggest that @FDATE and @FTIME be combined into @FDATETIME allowing both date and time specifiers to be intermixed. It's completely reasonable (IMO) to want something like
Code:
echo %@fdatetime[dd MMM HH:mm:ss yyyy]

I'd like to suggest that @FDATE and @FTIME be combined into @FDATETIME allowing both date and time specifiers to be intermixed. It's completely reasonable (IMO) to want something like
Code:
echo %@fdatetime[dd MMM HH:mm:ss yyyy]
Hmmm! I'm using two distinct APIs, GetDateFormatEx and GetTimeFormatEx. Neither recognizes the format elements of the other and leaves unrecognized stuff literal. So I ought to be able to use the output of one as input to the other. It works manually.
Code:
v:\> echo %@ftime[%@fdate[yyyy MMM mm dddd h mm ss tt]]
2015 May 27 Monday 5 27 13 PM
That example wouldn't work in the other order because the "M" in "PM" would be turned into a month.

Code:
v:\> echo %@fdate[%@ftime[yyyy MMM mm dddd h mm ss tt]]
2015 May 33 Monday 5 33 21 P5
Code:
v:\> help @fdate
Format the current local date

elements: y, yy, yyy, yyyy, M, MM, MMM, MMMM, d, dd, ddd, dddd

v:\> help @ftime
Format the current local time

elements: h, hh, H, HH, m, mm, s, ss, t, tt