Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

(Stupid?) Problem with 64-bit 4Utils plugin...

May
Since I had to get a new machine because the old one kicked the bucket I am reinstalling everything, and that includes Take Command and its plugins. So I downloaded and unzipped 4Utils64 into the "Plugins" directory, and when I start Take Command I get:
Code:
TCC: (Sys) C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64V16\PlugIns\4utils.dll is not a valid Win32 application.
I have no idea whether the message should read "Win64" since I am in 64-bit TCC as evidenced by the startup message:
Code:
TCC  16.03.55 x64  Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2014...
I certainly don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Did you figure it out? I don't know what you did, but there's no 4utils.dll in 4utils64.zip.

I suspect the error message is generic; the text came from Windows itself. "Win32" still describes (I believe) the Win32 API from which all Windows-specific apps (32-bit and 64-bit) are built.

Thank you for answering, Vince, but I think it can be forgotten. I just made some kind of stupid mistake. The combination of my bad memory and bad eyesight with an attempt to multitask by doing several things at the same time while rebuilding my computer environment on this new machine was probably the ultimate source of the problem (and the fact that it appears that some 64-bit plugin names end in "64" and some do not have contributed to my confusion).

I don't know about other plugin authors, but my four big ones (4utils, sysutils, 4console, and 4threads) have a "64" in the name of the 64-bit version (unless you have really ancient ones).

Back