Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keeping TCC's options dialog open while testing changes

May
If you issue THREAD OPTION, the options dialog will open and TCC will return to the prompt. This lets you make changes, press Apply (which will have immediate effect in many/most cases), and return to the prompt without closing the options dialog. That's nice if you want to test changes without re-opening the dialog. I use the alias below which makes it even easier.

Code:
v:\> alias @@Ctrl-O
^e@thread *option

I don't know why, but this doesn't work when TCC is running in TakeCommand

Hey @vefatica,
That solves a problem I was having.

I have been using the SemWare Editor as a list/view replacement, such that;
Code:
SumByMonth.btm | g32.exe
...would not allow returning to the prompt unless I closed the SemWare Editor first.

Your solution;
Code:
SumByMonth.btm | thread g32.exe
...allows returning to the prompt without first closing the SemWare Editor.

Thanks!

Joe

If you issue THREAD OPTION, the options dialog will open and TCC will return to the prompt. This lets you make changes, press Apply (which will have immediate effect in many/most cases), and return to the prompt without closing the options dialog. That's nice if you want to test changes without re-opening the dialog. I use the alias below which makes it even easier.

Code:
v:\> alias @@Ctrl-O
^e@thread *option

I don't know why, but this doesn't work when TCC is running in TakeCommand
What does the Escape @ do?

Hey @vefatica,
That solves a problem I was having.

I have been using the SemWare Editor as a list/view replacement, such that;
Code:
SumByMonth.btm | g32.exe
...would not allow returning to the prompt unless I closed the SemWare Editor first.

Your solution;
Code:
SumByMonth.btm | thread g32.exe
...allows returning to the prompt without first closing the SemWare Editor.

Thanks!

Joe
That looks mighty peculiar. Is g32.exe the editor? Is it a feature of the editor that you can pipe stdout to it? It's difficult to imagine what's happening when you pipe to THREAD!

That looks mighty peculiar. Is g32.exe the editor? Is it a feature of the editor that you can pipe stdout to it? It's difficult to imagine what's happening when you pipe to THREAD!
g32.exe is the Graphical SemWare Editor.

g32.exe supports STDIN, STDOUT and STDERR.

Not sure what is happing with thread, but I can now use the prompt without first closing the SemWare Editor.

TCEdit does not have this problem, thus;
Code:
SumByMonth.btm | tcedit
...returns to the prompt immediately after launching.

Joe