Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed Row/Col status bar flips continuously when 2 files open

Jun
I just downloaded TCMD v16.03.52 x64 (planning to upgrade) and discovered a bug in the IDE v16.0. Please check to see if someone else can reproduce it.

1. Invoke by typing "ide" at a TCC prompt from a TCMD session.
2. This installation is unregistered, so click "Continue".
3. Ctrl-O to open any file, and select the file.
4. Move cursor to somewhere other than Row 0, Col 0.
5. Ctrl-O to open a second file in a new tab and select the file.
6. Move cursor to somewhere other than Row 0, Col 0.
7. The status bar at the bottom of the screen will flash continuously, due to the "Row/Col" indicator on the right side flipping or switching between the cursor location of the first file and the location of the 2nd file.

This behavior will continue until all tabs except for one are closed.
The expected behavior should be to display the Row/Col location only for the currently active tab.

I don't even have to open a second file/tab. If I open one file, and click a position other than 0,0, the status bar flashes between 0,0 and the new position. This doesn't happen if the file is specified on the command line.

I don't even have to open a second file/tab. If I open one file, and click a position other than 0,0, the status bar flashes between 0,0 and the new position. This doesn't happen if the file is specified on the command line.

When you open a file from the debugger, you *are* opening a second file/tab. (The first one is "Untitled".)