Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem with INS key flag in the debugger status bar

May
Sometimes, the INS mode flag in the edit/debug status bar indicates the opposite of reality.

In TCC, make sure INS mode is off.
Bring up a new edit/debug window.
The status bar in the edit/debug window indicates that the INS mode is off; but typing (and the cursor) indicate that INS mode is on.​
While in the edit/debug window, press the Insert key.
The status bar in the edit/debug window indicates that the INS mode is on; but typing (and the cursor) indicate that INS mode is off.​
Go back to the TCC window. At this point, one of two things can happen. It seems they happen alternately.
Scenario 1:​
Just by jumping back to the TCC window, the INS mode flag in the edit/debug window is turned off.​
Go back to the edit/debug window. Try typing. The INS mode flag is still incorrect.​
Scenario 2:​
Jumping back to the TCC window does not cause the INS mode flag in the edit/debug window to be turned off.​
In the TCC window, press the Insert key to turn INS mode on. This will cause the INS mode flag in the edit/debug window to turn off.​
Go back to the edit/debug window. You will find that typing now agrees with the INS mode flag in the status bar.​

TCC v. 28.01.14 x64

Hmmm! I can't test that one. Even though I have everything checked, Insert/Overstrike, CapsLock, and ScrollLock don't show up in my status bar.

1635641473187.png

My post was out of line. My CapsLock key is disabled and I hadn't pressed ScrollLock (and I was expecting to see something regardless of the status ... DOH!).