1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4autotray.dll

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Steve Fabian, Jun 27, 2009.

  1. Steve Fabian

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,520
    Likes Received:
    4
    Vince:
    I use the version of 4autotray.dll dated 2008.01.05 15.43.56, size 6,144,
    CRC32=6540724F on WinXP SP3.

    When the only TCC 10.00.068 dies via GPF, and a new one is opened, I get 2
    TCC icons in the system tray. The dead one goes away when the cursor is
    moved to it. Occasionally minimizing a console leaves it on the taskbar.
    --
    Steve
     
  2. vefatica

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    Messages:
    7,938
    Likes Received:
    30
    On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:47:16 -0500, Steve Fábián <> wrote:

    |Vince:
    |I use the version of 4autotray.dll dated 2008.01.05 15.43.56, size 6,144,
    |CRC32=6540724F on WinXP SP3.
    |
    |When the only TCC 10.00.068 dies via GPF, and a new one is opened, I get 2
    |TCC icons in the system tray. The dead one goes away when the cursor is
    |moved to it. Occasionally minimizing a console leaves it on the taskbar.

    Whenever any app crashes while owning an icon in the notification area, the icon
    remains until mouse movement lets the OS know it's no longer valid.
    --
    - Vince
     
  3. Steve Fabian

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,520
    Likes Received:
    4
    vefatica wrote:
    | Steve Fábián wrote:
    || Vince:
    || I use the version of 4autotray.dll dated 2008.01.05 15.43.56, size
    || 6,144, CRC32=6540724F on WinXP SP3.
    ||
    || When the only TCC 10.00.068 dies via GPF, and a new one is opened,
    || I get 2 TCC icons in the system tray. The dead one goes away when
    || the cursor is moved to it. Occasionally minimizing a console leaves
    || it on the taskbar.
    |
    | Whenever any app crashes while owning an icon in the notification
    | area, the icon remains until mouse movement lets the OS know it's no
    | longer valid.

    Thanks for the customarily quick response.

    Ouch! Leaving an icon behind is just one more MS "gotcha" for those whose
    work does not require rodents. How would one know when to "mouse over"? I'd
    need to remember how many concurrent sessions I had...

    The other issue I mentioned, i.e., the taskbar entry left behind when I
    minimize a TCC session to the tray using internal command WINDOW MIN, comes
    up often enough to be annoying. Note that alt-tab does not show the
    minimized TCC session, even though it is on the taskbar. Clicking on the
    taskbar entry does restore the session. Whether or not the taskbar entry is
    left behind is not consistent. I just restored such a session, and minimized
    it again by command, and the taskbar entry properly disappeared.
    --
    Steve
     
  4. vefatica

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    Messages:
    7,938
    Likes Received:
    30
    On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:57:29 -0500, Steve Fábián <> wrote:

    |The other issue I mentioned, i.e., the taskbar entry left behind when I
    |minimize a TCC session to the tray using internal command WINDOW MIN, comes
    |up often enough to be annoying. Note that alt-tab does not show the
    |minimized TCC session, even though it is on the taskbar. Clicking on the
    |taskbar entry does restore the session. Whether or not the taskbar entry is
    |left behind is not consistent. I just restored such a session, and minimized
    |it again by command, and the taskbar entry properly disappeared.

    I doubt there's anything I can do about that. It's the first I've heard of it
    (in a few years). 4AutoTray sets a "Win Event Hook" which gets
    EVENT_MINIMIZESTART/END and hides/shows the console while managing the tray
    icon. If it doesn't appear with Alt-Tab, it seems it was hidden as desired. Why
    it still appears on the task bar ... I dunno. I doubt I could do that on
    purpose, i.e., hide it and leave the taskbar icon.
    --
    - Vince
     

Share This Page