1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observations following recent upgrade to TC13

Discussion in 'Support' started by rjflory, Nov 29, 2011.

1. rjflory

Hi-

I've been using your products sine the old 4Dos days and just upgraded to TC13.

* I noticed my 4start.btm file was not copied from the previous versions directory. Intestingly, the aliases from the previous version 4start.btm file were actually available in TC13, so I guess thats a good thing...

* Also, during install/upgrade, clicking on "Remove Older versions" didn't seem to remove them. I had to manually uninstall and delete the old subdir and files.

* I have found that files cannot be copied into the TC13 directory unless I "run as administrator". Its a nuisance, but I can live with it as rarely as this is needed.

* I prefer to use a plain shell, no windows, no directory trees, no searches, no tabs. Luckily I found that simply changing the TC13 ocin properties to use tcc.exe instead of tcmd.exe does what I need. I tried, but was unable to locate any help/info regarding this.

* There is no reference to the 4start config file in the TC13 online help.

This is not a problem/complaint, just feedback...

ron

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

WAD. The autostart / exit files are now named "TCSTART", not 4START.

WAD. "Remove Older Versions" only refers to older builds of the same major version.

This is Windows (presumably you're running Windows 7?), not Take Command. Windows will not allow any non-admin account to write to the root or some subdirectories, such as "\program files", "\windows", etc.

See "Starting TCC" in the help.

See "TCSTART and TCEXIT" in the online help.