TCC-RT : Free TCC Runtime for Batch Files
TCC-RT is a free fully functional run time version of TCC (Take Command Console), the Windows console mode command processor included in our flagship product Take Command. TCC-RT allows you to run TCC batch files without having to install (and pay for) the full Take Command or TCC on every system. You will still want at least one Take Command, TCC, or CMDebug license to create and debug your scripts.
TCC-RT allows you to write scripts using the TCC command language, and then distribute them on an unlimited number of target machines.
Because TCC-RT is intended for non-interactive use on systems without a full Take Command installation, it does not support a few TCC commands that only work with the full TCC or Take Command, or which aren’t usable in a batch file environment. These commands won’t return an error; they just won’t do anything:
TCC-RT also does not support command dialogs, interactive command line input and editing, tab completion, or the PRE_INPUT, PRE_EXEC, and POST_EXEC aliases. See README.TXT in the TCC-RT installation directory for more details on TCC-RT.
Packed With Features
- The TCC-RT scripting language is a massive superset of the Windows CMD shell, with 250+ internal commands, 430+ internal functions, and 340+ system variables. Almost all of the CMD commands (e.g. DIR, COPY, DEL, START, etc.) are enhanced with hundreds of additional options. And TCC-RT adds more than 210 new commands. TCC-RT can usually do in one or two lines what requires dozens CMD commands (when CMD can do it at all).
- The scripting language includes a complete set of extended flow control structures including IF-Then-Else, DO and FOR loops, SWITCH, subroutines, batch libraries, and more.
- Environment variable substitution is greatly enhanced, including nested variables, delayed expansion, indirect variables, typed variables, read-only variables, multidimensional array variables, and direct access to the system, user, and volatile variables in the registry.
- Select or exclude files by size, date, time, owner, and extended wildcards or regular expressions for extraordinary flexibility in file management.
- Specify multiple filenames for most file processing commands (i.e., COPY, DEL, DIR, MOVE, etc.), or optionally the name of a file that contains the filename arguments. (COPY even supports multiple targets as well as multiple sources.)
- Monitor your system's hardware and software events, and execute commands when an event is triggered. You can monitor directory changes, the clipboard, event logs, Ethernet and WiFi connections, services, processes, and USB and Firewire connections.
- Multiple types of I/O redirection are available to your command line applications, including redirecting and piping to STDERR, "in-process" pipes, "here-document" and "here-string" redirection, and Tee and Y pipe fittings.
- Send keystrokes to any application (console or GUI).
- TCC-RT includes internal compression and extraction commands for ZIP, 7ZIP, TAR, JAR, GZIP, and BZIP files.
- You can access FTP, TFTP and HTTP (including SSL and SSH) directories and files in all command processor file-handling commands (COPY, DEL, MOVE, etc.).
- Create your own command processor variables or commands with plugins, or use the many third-party plugin libraries.
- Internal support is included for Powershell, Lua, REXX, Python, Tcl/tk, and any Windows Active Scripting language. You can even combine multiple languages in your batch scripts.
- And many thousands more -- see the TCC-RT online help for details.
TCC-RT version 30.0 is compatible with 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 11, Server 2016, Server 2019, and Server 2022.