Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Goto folder in file explorer from the current directory in the tcc prompt

Jul
Being able to go to folder in file explorer from the current directory in the tcc prompt. Perhaps even synchonising with the tcc prompt.

If you mean Take Command's file explorer pane, check out CDD /T and CDD /TO in the help file.

I have had this in my alias file for a very long time.
Code:
.= & ^
    iff %@len[%1] GT 0 then & ^
       start explorer /e,"%$" & ^
    else & ^
       start explorer /e,"%_cwd" & ^
    endiff
At the TCC prompt, type a period (.) and enter or add param.

I have had this in my alias file for a very long time.
Code:
.= & ^
    iff %@len[%1] GT 0 then & ^
       start explorer /e,"%$" & ^
    else & ^
       start explorer /e,"%_cwd" & ^
    endiff
At the TCC prompt, type a period (.) and enter or add param.
Doesn't that start another instance of explorer.exe? And doesn't that instance hang around for about a minute after you close the window?

Doesn't that start another instance of explorer.exe? And doesn't that instance hang around for about a minute after you close the window?
Yes. It does create a new explorer process that goes away a little while after closing the window. But, even with a dozen Chrome tabs open and an Win10x64 VM running with 8GB of RAM on my Surface Book, which has 16GB of RAM, I have not found that to be a problem. I don't recall this being an issue on prior OS/hardware combinations either. When watching the process in SysInternals\ProcExp, CPU usage drops quickly when the window closes. After the timeout interval, the process then closes also. A new explorer process is launched even without the start command. And, the new explorer process is not a child of TCC, but of svchost.