Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ffind dialog (/W) problem

Jan
On my Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.693] (v10.0 r1909 Build=18363 UBR=693 x64) TCC 25.00.28 x64 ... I have the following problem with die ffind dialog (/W):

The ffind dialog attribute button does not work right.

Problem 1)
after I selected something, closed and reopened the attribute windows, it's always reset to certain values (see screenshot).

Problem 2)
it's not possible to unselect all attributes for a search process ... this means: I can deselect all options, nevertheless a search after does use some options (probably the "default" two (see screenshot).

ffind-dialog_prob_1a.PNG

ffind-dialog_prob_1b.PNG

On my Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.693] (v10.0 r1909 Build=18363 UBR=693 x64) TCC 25.00.28 x64 ... I have the following problem with die ffind dialog (/W):

The ffind dialog attribute button does not work right.

Problem 1)
after I selected something, closed and reopened the attribute windows, it's always reset to certain values (see screenshot).

Problem 2)
it's not possible to unselect all attributes for a search process ... this means: I can deselect all options, nevertheless a search after does use some options (probably the "default" two (see screenshot).
I see the same behavior if I only initiate a menu find and select an attribute and cancel the attribute selection.
If I cancel the find menu dialog and reopen, the attribute box is totally unchecked.
So, if you cancel out of the entire find dialog, then start a new find, do the attribute selections clear?

Yes, same behaviour here: after complete cancel, the attribute selection is clear.
I guess this is WAD.
If you think the behavior should be modified, add a request in the suggestion forum.

Perhaps something like: The TCMD Edit->Find in files dialog attribute/range menus should allow changing or clearing of all selections without cancelling the entire find dialog. The selections should not be "sticky".

I haven't tested all of the range menu to determine if it is "sticky" also, but the suggestion can cover both just in case. :cool:

Yes, could be indeed WAD ... it's not soooooo important (for me) to make an extra suggestion for that. I just THOUGHT first, it's a bug ...

However, thanks for your help!