1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to? Take Command\TCC install problem...

Discussion in 'Support' started by mathewsdw, Feb 29, 2016.

  1. mathewsdw

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    855
    Likes Received:
    0
    I downloaded the latest version of the Take Command install program, and when I run it it gets to the point where the system puts up dialog box "Are you sure you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?" and I click the "yes" button. At this point I get a dialog box "Are you sure you want to cancel Take Command x64 19.0 installation?". If I click the "No" button I am taken back to the beginning of the install process ("Welcome to the Tale Command x64 19.0 Setup Wizard") and the whole thing repeats.

    So I tried to start an elevated cmd.exe using the "/Elevated" parameter on the "start" command using the command (run in TCC) "start /elevated /pgm tcmd.exe" and I get the error message "TCC: (Sys) The system cannot find the file specified. /elevated".

    What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?
     
  2. rconn

    rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2008
    Messages:
    9,870
    Likes Received:
    83
    I can't reproduce the problem with the dialog box here -- and that's a standard Windows UAC dialog, not Take Command. Did you do the update from within TCMD (i.e., the "Help / Check for Updates" menu option)?

    All installers run elevated, so trying to run it in START won't help. Your issue with the error message in START is probably because you have an alias for START and you're not prefacing the new command line with a * to disable alias expansion.
     
  3. mathewsdw

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    855
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you, Rex. I did, in fact, have an alias which was the problem with the "start" command. And as far as the install is concerned, I was trying to run it from a cmd.exe command prompt where it was failing. However, doing the upgrade from the "Help" menu (I was unaware of that option) fixed the problem and everything is fine now.
     

Share This Page