Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Right click in explorer offers to open with Take Command or TCC

Jun
Hi,

I thought when I installed, I chose to use the context menu. But right clicking on a directory in windows 11 does not offer to open with Take Command. Is that a feature or some other setting I missed?

thanks
Harv

Look for the batch files "tcchere.btm" and "tcmdhere.btm" in your install directory. You'll need to run these in an elevated TCC, i.e. "Run as administrator."

Cool - thanks very much. Two additional questions. 1) So what does the content menu option during the installer do? 2) is there a way in windows 11 that it is part of the immediate right context menu, not the "Show more options" sub menu?

-Harvey

I always use the old style "right click context menu", where all options are shown. This (below) is part of a batch file I run on new installations of Windows 11. Note that %sudo% is gsudo, if you're not familiar with it you should be.

Code:
echo first one is the old right click context menu, the next 4 should be obvious

%sudo% reg add "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32" /f /ve
%sudo% reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /v HideFileExt     /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
%sudo% reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /v Hidden          /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
%sudo% reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /v ShowSuperHidden /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
%sudo% reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced /V UseCompactMode  /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

%sudo% taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
start explorer.exe