Take Command / TCMD/LE 9.02.156 uploaded

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,340
149
For those of you who haven't upgraded to v10 yet, I've uploaded build 156 of Take Command 9.02 to the web and ftp sites.

* Fixed a Windows API bug that sometimes caused ^Break to exit TCMD

* Fixed a compatibility problem with some console apps not receiving ^C

* Fixed a problem with filename completion from the path crashing if you have an extremely large number of matching files
 
Jan 15, 2009
16
0
This version doesn't seem to install correctly, stating perl510 is missing. Them it doesn't seem to remove correctly (from the control panel) so it won't let me reinstall build 154 stating a newer version is currently installed. Any ideas on how I can get build 154 re-installed?


For those of you who haven't upgraded to v10 yet, I've uploaded build 156 of Take Command 9.02 to the web and ftp sites.

* Fixed a Windows API bug that sometimes caused ^Break to exit TCMD

* Fixed a compatibility problem with some console apps not receiving ^C

* Fixed a problem with filename completion from the path crashing if you have an extremely large number of matching files
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,340
149
Matt wrote:

> This version doesn't seem to install correctly, stating perl510 is missing. Them it doesn't seem to remove correctly (from the control panel) so it won't let me reinstall build 154 stating a newer version is currently installed. Any ideas on how I can get build 154 re-installed?

Either turn off Perl support in your TCMD.INI or install Perl 5.10.

I can't reproduce the problem with removing it from the control panel.
(That would be a Windows bug rather than a TCMD issue.)

I've reuploaded 9.02 linked with Perl 5.8.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
Jan 15, 2009
16
0
I guess I should have been more explicit. Windows XP (SP3). I downloaded and installed Activestate Perl 510.
Then installed build 156, so it seems to work now.

What I meant before is that removing via the control panel worked but when I tried to install build 154 it said a newer version was already installed. So, to me, uninstalling via the control panel did not work because your installation program looked for and found (where ?) a reference of some kind to build 156 so it would not install 154. How did we get to this point with such a technical product that it refuses to install even though that's what I wanted and what I told it to do? I guess it knows better than me what I want to (or should) do. You should have announced that you finally figured out an implementation of your mind reading parser (installer) that you've mentioned over the years.

Matt


Matt wrote:



Either turn off Perl support in your TCMD.INI or install Perl 5.10.

I can't reproduce the problem with removing it from the control panel.
(That would be a Windows bug rather than a TCMD issue.)

I've reuploaded 9.02 linked with Perl 5.8.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,340
149
Matt wrote:


> What I meant before is that removing via the control panel worked but when I tried to install build 154 it said a newer version was already installed. So, to me, uninstalling via the control panel did not work because your installation program looked for and found (where ?) a reference of some kind to build 156 so it would not install 154. How did we get to this point with such a technical product that it refuses to install even though that's what I wanted and what I told it to do? I guess it knows better than me what I want to (or should) do. You should have announced that you finally figured out an implementation of your mind reading parser (installer) that you've mentioned over the years.

That's normal Windows Installer behavior. It's possible to change that
so that any version will overwrite any other, but that would also mean
that autoupdate would no longer work.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A TCMD - Dir Command puts out blank lines? Support 16
mfarah WAD Odd behaviour with command-line arguments on TCMD. Support 7
C LOG entry for TCMD/TCC command line Support 15
vefatica WAD TCMD's drawing of recalled command Support 4
nickles Reload tcmd.ini from the command line Support 11
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.27 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.26 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.25 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.24 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.23 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.22 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.21 Uploaded Support 6
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE Version 13.0 Released! Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.16 Public Beta RC2 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.11.76 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.15 Public Beta RC1 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.11.75 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.14 Public Beta Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.13 Public Beta Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0 Public Beta Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.11.74 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.11.70 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.11.69 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.67 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.66 Uploaded Support 2
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.65 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.64 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.63 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.62 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.60 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.59 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.58 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.10.57 Uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE Version 12.10 Released! Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE Version 12 Released! Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.0.28 RC1 Public Beta uploaded Support 2
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.0.27 Public Beta uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.0.26 Public Beta uploaded Support 20
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.0.25 Public Beta uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.0.24 Public Beta uploaded Support 2
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.0.23 Public Beta uploaded Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 12.0 Public Beta Support 0
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 11.0 build 52 uploaded Support 0
gschizas Keyboard switching does not work in Take Command (TCMD) Support 18
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 11.0 build 48 uploaded Support 3
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 11.0 build 47 uploaded Support 14
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 11.0 build 46 uploaded Support 10
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 11.0 build 45 uploaded Support 6
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 11.0 build 44 uploaded Support 4
rconn Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 11.0 build 43 uploaded Support 0

Similar threads