Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Changed variable window

Mar
During debugging, it would be very helpful to have a tab next to Watch that would show the last n variables whose values have changed and what the old and new values are.

Awhile back I suggested some fairly major changes to the Help materials, basically including lots of code samples, etc.

The response was that it would require a major allocation of development resources--basically all the resources normally used for a major-version update--and few people would be interested in paying for a version upgrade that just consists of better Help.

The TCC developers focus most of their efforts on adding new commands, internal variables, functions, new or enhanced option dialogs for setting command parameters, and features such as the Library system, because those are the things TCC users are most interested in. It would require a substantial amount of additions to keep track of a large set of before and after values, etc., all expansions, perform commands from the command line in the program context, etc.

I do not see how it can be that difficult adding the ability for the end-user to add their own Snippets and Samples to TCEdit. VBSedit has this feature.

Joe

Last edited:
During debugging, it would be very helpful to have a tab next to Watch that would show the last n variables whose values have changed and what the old and new values are.
I'm not suggesting better help here. I would like to be able to see variables as they change during debugging, without having to Watch each one.

I'm not talking about better help, I'm talking about allocation of resources for adding new features:

The TCC developers focus most of their efforts on adding new commands, internal variables, functions, new or enhanced option dialogs for setting command parameters, and features such as the Library system, because those are the things TCC users are most interested in.