"V(iew)" command does not work at all for me in V13...

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Please forgive me if this is not the way to "report" such things (and, if not, please tell me what is; I don't know because I think that this is the first time I've ever found what might be a "significant" bug in TCMD/TCC), but I just downloaded and installed V13 and one of the more interesting new features in the "What's New" help was the "V(iew)" command, so I thought I'd try it out. Bottom line, I've tried it in several contexts, and in every case it "crashed". (A pop-up comes up telling me that it is going to send a "crash report" to somewhere, and says something about "Please add a description of what you were doing just before the problem", and the only problem is that I don't see any way to do that nor am I sure that the "crash report" was really sent anywhere. Just thought it was worth mentioning...

(By the way, it seems kind of rare for people to actually do this, but I will just to be "safe": TCC 13.00.21 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

Bottom line, I've tried it in several contexts, and in every case it "crashed"
What is the *exact* command that you are running? Is is simply VIEW filename?

Do you have any Crashxxx.dat files in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\V ?

If you do, can please send them to V at fileviewer.com

Thanks,
Charles.

I am also experiencing problems with the view command.

view or v.exe don't start up at all. I don't even get the crash window. I can't find a crash report or the directory V (or something similar) in %appdata%

I Installed TCMD on a USB stick. I still have version 12 installed on my hard drive.

I have windows 7 starter with service pack 1

TCC 13.00.21 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
> I am also experiencing problems with the view command.
>
> view or v.exe don't start up at all. I don't even get the crash window. I
can't

> find a crash report or the directory V (or something similar) in %appdata%
>
> I Installed TCMD on a USB stick. I still have version 12 installed on my
hard

Do you have v.exe in your TCMD installation directory?

Did you install the v13 beta at some point?