1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentation DO help inadequate

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steve Fabian, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Steve Fabian

1/ The format of single-line DO is mixed in with the list of loop control formats, instead of a separate display
    2/ Not documented (except by inference in the list of loop control formats) that DO count and DO FOREVER cannot be used as single-line DO.
    3/ There is no hyperlink from the list of loop control formats to an explanation of /P format details, though there is one to the option switch /P explanation.

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

1) WAD - there isn't any difference in the syntax of the DO statement. The single-line DO is explained in the Usage section. (I don't think it's useful to duplicate every syntax statement, once without & once with the "(command)" string.)
    2) Not true -- they both can be used as a single-line DO (but you wouldn't want to).
    3) There isn't any hyperlink because there isn't anything else to explain in the context of the DO keywords.

I deleted the duplicate message you posted on this topic.

3. Steve Fabian

1) I meant that something like this "Single-line: DO loop_control (command)" to appear ABOVE the line Loop_control formats. This would eliminate the need to display the DO keyword before and [(command)] after loop control syntax, hopefully making them less confusing.

2) My apologies - there was a mistake in my test cases for single line DO count and DO FOREVER.