Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IDE destroys Text on Ctrl-U/Ctrl-Shift-U

Sep
and does not catch the first letter , e.g.
Playsound ==> P
No matter if the file is ANSI or unicode ...

Yup, it just does crazy stuff, replacing characters with somewhat ramdom hexadecimal stuff.

In build 26, Ctrl-Shift-U changes the selected tex t to upper-case. Ctrl-U does not change the selected test to lower-case.

Yeah, but another mystery occurs with IDE command:

upload_2017-5-18_11-1-19.png

BDEBUGGER and all others commands works well ....

I cannot make any sense out of your images. What exactly is your issue with IDE?
I think his complaint is the variable not working. Change "ide" to "bdebugger" and it does work.
upload_2017-5-24_0-30-19.png

That's WAD (for many years), by user request.

Users didn't want IDE to do any expansion / redirection / quote stripping / etc. on the IDE arguments, as it is commonly used to edit non-batch files.
I don't remember ... was there a huge outcry for that behavior? I doesn't make any sense at all to me. The only expected parameters to IDE are file names. Why in the world would a user NOT want to be able to use environment variables to locate the files?

And I just discovered that if you throw in a wildcard, IDE.EXE crashes. For example "ide v:\x*vtemp.btm".
upload_2017-5-24_12-1-37.png

Off topic, but ...
If I hide the toolbox (via its dropdown Floating/Dockable/AutoHide/Hide menu) how do I get it back again?

how do I get it back again?
Requires a registry edit while the IDE is not running.

Change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\IDE 21\Settings\NormalLayout\DockingPane\Pane-11\Panes from 0 to 1.

Or from within TCC21...
Code:
if %@regset["HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\IDE 21\Settings\NormalLayout\DockingPane\Pane-11\Panes",REG_DWORD,1] == 0 echo IDE Toolbox pane reset

Edit: The standard "don't mess with your registry unless you know what you're doing" warning applies here.

Last edited:
Requires a registry edit.

Change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\IDE 21\Settings\NormalLayout\DockingPane\Pane-11\Panes from 0 to 1.
Thanks. Geez! I should have known. :-) Perhaps there could be a more user-friendly way (ditto for the Watch (et al.) container)..

So now I can ask (still off-topic) ... of what value is the combo-box at the top of the Toolbox?
upload_2017-5-25_15-4-32.png