Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No ide.exe or tcmd.exe files - Win7 64bit

Hi,

I need a program like Take Command so I thought I would give it a go.

I downloaded the installer and while installing it I got the message that the two files "ide.exe" and "tcmd.exe" could not be found. I have searched the actual installation directory but they are not there.

The file I am using is the 64 bit version 14.0 downloaded today. Tried a few times - no sign of the files?

Fluffy.

Hi David,

Thanks for responding - I should have thought of this. The log file of my anti-virus system indicates it has blocked both of these files. I am running Trend Micro.

This is the first time I have had this happen, should I upload the log file? I am worried about switching off my anti-virus program or afterwards running this program outside its reach.

Fluffy

Trend Micro probably says it is using a heuristic, i.e., it is just guessing. There is no virus. Tell it to exclude the Take Command program files.

Hi David,

All ok - Trend Micro seems to be the only virus checker that I could find that reported something. If I turn it off I can successfully install it and the program runs.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Fluffy Spider