Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed IDE weirdness

May
When I open this one-liner from TCC with the command "bdebugger bdbtest.btm"
Code:
v:\> type bdbtest.btm
set host=%[host%@random[1,2]]
... and double-click on "random" (nothing else) only "random" is selected and (!!) several of these messages appear (spontaneously) in the console at 1-second intervals sometimes 1 or 2, sometimes 20 or 30).
Code:
TCC: Syntax error "[host%@random[1"

If clear the selection and double-click again then "%[host%@random[1" is selected and I get more of the same messages in the console.

There's nothing special about that line. The same thing happens 2-clicking on "bar" in the line
Code:
%[foo%@bar[a,b]]

That happens in v13, v14, v15, and v16 (didn't go back farther) and it also happens on another computer.

Also, when I view that one line normally in IDE, the first three of these ... [[] ... are kind of purple and the final one (]) is black.

And back to the selection thingy ...
If I open IDE and immediately 2-click on this (which is a whole line)
Code:
%_FOO[bar
then only "_FOO" is selected (just as I would like it, but that only happens the first time).
Any further 2-clicking on the same string or similar strings results in the sort of selection I complained about in another thread; with that particular string, all of it is selected.

Those messages spontaneously appearing in the console at 1-second intervals continue as long as the mouse pointer is on the selection ... move it off, they stop ... move it back on (without de-/re-selecting), they start again.

In fact, if I select (via click/drag) the whole line
Code:
set host=%[host%@random[1,2]]
then
Code:
appears in the console as long as the mouse pointer in over any of the text
Code:
=%[host%@random[1,