Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IDE watch references

Aug
How do we stop IDE from adding "doubling" watch references to called & gosub external scripts.

Also no change in Font sizes (enlarged image) v27.01.23
IDE.small.png

Dialog font sizes are using the default Windows size. Enlarging them solely for TCMD / TCC would (1) annoy the majority of users who don't want/need bigger fonts, and (2) require a MASSIVE amount of effort rewriting all the dialogs in 6 different languages. The appropriate way to do this is to tell Windows to scale the display.

I have no idea what you're referring to with "IDE watch references" - can you provide more details?

Each script in a folder which is _called_ form a main script inherits the same watch variables. The
IDE watch list ends up with triple the variables being watched.

I tried scaling, but that makes the ide ugly and large in my view unusable.

How do we stop IDE from adding "doubling" watch references to called & gosub external scripts.

Also no change in Font sizes (enlarged image) v27.01.23
View attachment 3327

Take a look at User-Defined Font Size for Dialogs for how I change the font size for a dialog.

This is something that you can do yourself, if you know which file the Dialog is stored in.

I did a cursory search for the "Evaluate Expression" dialog, but could not find it.

I'll try and look later, but if someone else knows the file in which the dialog resides, please advise.

Joe

I can't reproduce your issue with multiple entries in the watch list.

Can you post (simple) batch files that demonstrate the problem, and the exact steps you're taking when you get the duplicates?

Also, you might want to delete your *.watch file in case that's been corrupted somehow.

Take a look at User-Defined Font Size for Dialogs for how I change the font size for a dialog.

This is something that you can do yourself, if you know which file the Dialog is stored in.

I did a cursory search for the "Evaluate Expression" dialog, but could not find it.

I'll try and look later, but if someone else knows the file in which the dialog resides, please advise.

Joe
Hi Joe did you find the any more info about this. IDE EExpression drives me nuts

My apologies for the delay, but yes I did.

It is Dialog 4226, in the EnglishD.dll, and the EnglishE.dll

1630325724818.png

I changed the font size from 9 to 16.

Joe

Thank you Joe, No apologies needed.
I found the dialog its set at a ridiculous font size of 8

Update I said ridiculous 8. The resource editor fonts were so small I had trouble seeing that it was just as ridiculous 9 size font

Last edited:
I have 9 in EnglishD.dll and 8 in EnglishE.dll. How are the DLLs used ("D" vs. "E")?

I can't reproduce your issue with multiple entries in the watch list.

Can you post (simple) batch files that demonstrate the problem, and the exact steps you're taking when you get the duplicates?

Also, you might want to delete your *.watch file in case that's been corrupted somehow.
I've track this to a called script in another folder. If I set watch var in the script and it gets called from the main script, the main script inherits the watch_ed var. I have a dump alias that deletes all *.watch *.bp files it just doesn't look in any other folder. So its not a TCC/IDE problem its a USER error.