Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[TC 19.0 Beta 22/23] Install/Update-"Problems"

Jan
Hi

First, I had completely deinstalled the v18 (x64).

1) The EVERYTHING glitch
After the Install of v19.0.22 (x64), I received the question for everything ("Install as service", "run as admin" etc). I had choosen "Install as service". However after the first start of everything as user, I received the following question ...

TC19.0-beta_everything.JPG

Means the same as while installing process ... this was NOT the case with v18.x.

2) The STYLE glitch
After update from v19.0.22 (x64) to v19.0.23 (x64), my styles (User for sure and Administrator probably too) were "resetted" and I had to change back to my preference. This was NOT the case with v18.x. BTW: the INI (I use the same for User and Admin in ..\ProgramData\.. is NOT affected.

Well, not big things. Nevertheless, you should know this.

BTW: All is related to the x64 version on my Win 10 Pro x64.

Greetings
Alpengreis

PS: Is the buy site for v19 ready soon?
PPS: Please add changes also in the changelog file again (https://jpsoft.com/downloads/v19/tcmdx64update.aiu) and not only in the forum, thanks.

2) The STYLE glitch
After update from v19.0.22 (x64) to v19.0.23 (x64), my styles (User for sure and Administrator probably too) were "resetted" and I had to change back to my preference. This was NOT the case with v18.x. BTW: the INI (I use the same for User and Admin in ..\ProgramData\.. is NOT affected.

WAD. Because of the File Explorer change in v19.0.23, the styles had to be reset during installation to the default values.

About point 1) MAYBE it's because I had selected different methods (as service and later as admin or so) and/or it's related to a install from an user account (not admin) (elevated while install process).
However: not sure about this point. I'll check this with following version(s) ...

Here are the newest results about the "Point 1)": Unfortunately, I had the same behaviour while updating from "clean" 19.0.27 x64 to 19.0.28 x64 on my Win 10 Pro x64. Update was initiated at User (at beginning not elevated) account.

Not a big thing (of course). Nevertheless: in v18, this was not the case. Maybe it has to do nothing with TC itself but with new Everything?