1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed delay until question

Discussion in 'Support' started by David McClelland, Dec 13, 2011.

1. David McClelland

Hi:
    The following code returns control immediately:

C:\]date /t
    Tue 2011/12/13

[C:\]time /t
    11:22:00

[C:\]delay /b until 2011-12-13 12:00
    ------immediate return?

Version: TCC 13.00.21 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

If I change the date to 2011-12-14 the command functions as expected.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Question 2: When testing the above I invoked "delay /b until 2011-12-14 12:00". The delay waits correctly but ctrl+C, ctrl-break and any other keystroke (the /b option) DOES NOT WORK. I have to close the tab in order to terminate the function.

Note: I got into this because I wanted a script that executes every hour on the hour. Using the delay without the date in the until clause worked fine until midnight so I just added today's date until the script hit 23:00 and wanted to wait on the next hour then I changed the date to tomorrows date. I can program around this but I don't think the "delay until" command is working properly. Or maybe I missed something.

David

2. David McClelland

Just installed the 13.01.34 x64 update and it seems to have solved these two problems. :)

David

3. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

I spent some time digging arou
    I spent some time digging in the code and found that a Windows 7 API is (unpredictably) occasionally returning completely wrong results. I have a workaround for 13.01.35, which I will upload in another day or two (need to follow up on another bug report first).

4. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

In the meantime, you can work around it by using the alternative syntax DELAY UNTIL yyyymmddhhmmss (i.e., no delimiters).