Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tab completion of directories on remote drives

Jun
This is an annoyance that I cannot resolve quickly, so after searching internal help and the past forum messages, I am posting here for help.

I use both TCC LE 14 (free) and TCC 23 (paid). When trying to navigate around the directory with the CD command, pressing the TAB key will normally complete the directory name on a local drive like "c:", as expected. I also have a remote drive assigned via pCloud, a remote cloud storage system, where the remote file system appears as exFAT to Windows 10.

In TCC-LE, after typing "cd" and the first letter or two of a known directory (like "do" for the first 2 letters of the "docs" directory), the TAB key will complete directory names in both the local C: drive and also the remote (pCloud) drive, but in TCC23, the TAB key will not complete directory names on the remote drive. This issue is the reason for my post.

In TCC23, if there is nothing after the "cd" command, repeated presses of the Tab key will correctly cycle through all directories displayed by F7. But if I type the first letter of a directory and then press the Tab key, it will not complete the directory names or cycle through the options, as it does with TCC-LE.

The properties of Option > Command Line are nearly identical for both TCC-LE and TCC23, and I honestly cannot determine why TCC23 will not complete nonblank directory names.

1707427656333.png

I do not have a FILECOMPLETION variable, but setting it does not help in this case. I used the example provided in the help file, "set filecompletion=cd cdd rd:dirs", but it did not resolve the issue.

Is this a bug that will be resolved by upgrading to the current version of TCC, or is there something I can do without upgrading?

It's weird that it would work in the (very old) TCC/LE, but not in version 23. Two idea:

1) Don't type the CD command. Just type the first letter or two of the directory name and press Tab. See if it works that way.

2) Download the current version of Take Command and try in that. There is a grace period of a few weeks before you have to register.

Might the difference be related to one of these settings?

1707442877088.png

or

1707442906133.png

It's weird that it would work in the (very old) TCC/LE, but not in version 23. Two idea:

1) Don't type the CD command. Just type the first letter or two of the directory name and press Tab. See if it works that way.
Yes, it does work correctly if all I type is the first letter or two. It will cycle through all possible matches, case-insensitive. Shift-Tab will cycle backward.

2) Download the current version of Take Command and try in that. There is a grace period of a few weeks before you have to register.
The current version of Take Command, v31.01, works in the same manner as I described in my top message. Typing "cd", space, followed by one or two letters, will not support directory name completion with the Tab key. But your suggestion of just typing the directory name without the CD does work.