Running PowerShell_ISE in a Tab

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jul 7, 2017
When I run PowerShell_ise.exe in a tab it launches it outside the TC tabbed environment. Is there a way to run it in the tab session?

Jul 7, 2017
Try: START /tab powershell_ise.exe
Scott,

Thank you for that suggestion, I already tried it and re-tried it just to make sure. It has the same result with powershell ise opening outside of TCC console. I know in Console Emulator it will run tabbed.

Anyone else have a way or is this not possible to do in TCC. I run powershell.exe in TCC console but want to do Powershell_ise.exe as well.

samintz

Scott Mintz
May 20, 2008
Solon, OH, USA
I am not familiar with PowerShell or PowerShell ISE. My quick online search shows this:
Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is a graphical host application that enables you to read, write, run, debug, and test scripts and modules in a graphic-assisted environment.

Some graphical apps can be tabbed in TakeCommand. But many cannot.

Jul 7, 2017
I am not familiar with PowerShell or PowerShell ISE. My quick online search shows this:
Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is a graphical host application that enables you to read, write, run, debug, and test scripts and modules in a graphic-assisted environment.

Some graphical apps can be tabbed in TakeCommand. But many cannot.
Scott,

Thank you for your help on this.

Jul 7, 2017
The TCMD tab windows are intended for console apps. As Scott said, there are some simple (i.e., single-window) GUI apps that can also be run in a TCMD tab window. But you can't run a multi-windows tabbed window environment inside a TCMD tab window.
Rex, thank you for that information. Is there a possibility that this will change in a future version?