Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Running PowerShell_ISE in a Tab

Jul
When I run PowerShell_ise.exe in a tab it launches it outside the TC tabbed environment. Is there a way to run it in the tab session?

Try: START /tab powershell_ise.exe
Scott,

Thank you for that suggestion, I already tried it and re-tried it just to make sure. It has the same result with powershell ise opening outside of TCC console. I know in Console Emulator it will run tabbed.

Anyone else have a way or is this not possible to do in TCC. I run powershell.exe in TCC console but want to do Powershell_ise.exe as well.

I am not familiar with PowerShell or PowerShell ISE. My quick online search shows this:
Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is a graphical host application that enables you to read, write, run, debug, and test scripts and modules in a graphic-assisted environment.

Some graphical apps can be tabbed in TakeCommand. But many cannot.

I am not familiar with PowerShell or PowerShell ISE. My quick online search shows this:
Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is a graphical host application that enables you to read, write, run, debug, and test scripts and modules in a graphic-assisted environment.

Some graphical apps can be tabbed in TakeCommand. But many cannot.
Scott,

Thank you for your help on this.

The TCMD tab windows are intended for console apps. As Scott said, there are some simple (i.e., single-window) GUI apps that can also be run in a TCMD tab window. But you can't run a multi-windows tabbed window environment inside a TCMD tab window.
Rex, thank you for that information. Is there a possibility that this will change in a future version?