Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Text invisible in v25

May
This is rather all_of_a_sudden. I haven't messed with any v25 settings in ages. I have
1586374290548.png

and
1586374373117.png

Yet:

1586374420238.png

These were the culprit. A number of values (including the black color ones shown below) were put there when, in a TCCv25 console, I switched from legacy console back to new-fangled console.

1586381503242.png

Black on black? I've seen that when changing colors of the old console previously.

But it was a deficiency of the UI that did not indicate your mistake clear enough.

Black on black? I've seen that when changing colors of the old console previously.

But it was a deficiency of the UI that did not indicate your mistake clear enough.
What was my mistake? I didn't change any colors. I merely changed the console from legacy to modern. The black on black registry entries were made then. I can reproduce it easily.

Then it seems to be the genuine Microsoft bug.
Report it at microsoft/terminal
I'm not even sure what "terminal" is. I don't think I have it. I never downloaded anything named terminal. I just have the Windows console with its latest features (ANSI, wrapping selection, ...). But "Properties" does have a "Terminal" tab. Can someone enlighten me?

Reporting bugs to Microsoft is a great way to practice your typing skills!

Windows Terminal is the Microsoft replacement for the old conhost.exe.

Joe

I'm not even sure what "terminal" is.
"Terminal" is a window you read from and you type into. In this case. In the old age, terminals were actual devices (display+keyboard+very, very simple microcontroller to handle IO from an attached mainframe.)

Hah! A Westrex Teletype Model 33 with attached paper tape punch. My interface with an ICL 1904. I can hear it rattle and feel it shake as I look at it.

VDUs were a step backwards. You couldn't scroll back to see what you typed an hour or even a minute ago.