1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp support and multi-license

Discussion in 'Support' started by David Borger, Aug 10, 2017.

1. David Borger

I have not yet purchased Take Command and the answer to these questions will help me determine if it is appropriate for me:

1) Does the most recent version support XP Professional SP 3, 32-bit?

2) If I purchase 2 licenses will I be able to download 1 for the above XP machine and one for 64-bit Windows 10?

3) The XP is running on the Windows 10 machine using VirtualBox. Will this cause any problems?

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

1) The current version (21.0) supports Windows 7 and later. XP support was discontinued after v16 when Microsoft dropped CONN support. We can supply a V16 key on request if you order the current version.

2) On request.

3) There are no issues running TCMD in Virtualbox.

3. David Borger

Thanks for the reply. A couple of logistical questions. I assume to do what I want--run a Windows 10/V21 version and XP/V16--I should request 2 licenses, correct? Where in the process do I request a v16 license? Do I need to request a different version to download as well?

4. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, that's a two-license system. After you place the order (and receive the v21 licenses), send an email to support@jpsoft.com and request the v16 license.

5. David Borger

Great. Thanks. So is the v16 license all I need or will I need to download another executable for the XP/32-bit?

6. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member