Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Inverse of CDD /t c:\ (sync TCC currdir to Folders view)?

Hi,

Is it possible to sync the TCC current dir/drive to the current folder in the Folders view? I tried creating a Tab Toolbar button with a command like this:

(*) Send to the current tab

Command: %_TCFOLDER\^n

but unfortunately the ^n is not recognized so I have to let it out and hit Enter myself. Apparently ^n is only recognized by TCC, not by TC. Is there another escape sequence that TC will recognize as a return character?

Funny thing is I still have TakeCommand/32 installed and in the Folders view it shows a Shell Extension menu:

Take Command/32 Prompt here

Can I somehow do something similar with TCC10 so that I can change the active TCC Prompt tab (not a new one although that would be nice too) to the folder selected in the Folders view?

Thanks,
Arjan

Is it possible to sync the TCC current dir/drive to the current folder in the Folders view? I tried creating a Tab Toolbar button with a command like this:

(*) Send to the current tab

Command: %_TCFOLDER\^n

but unfortunately the ^n is not recognized so I have to let it out and hit Enter myself. Apparently ^n is only recognized by TCC, not by TC. Is there another escape sequence that TC will recognize as a return character?

That "Command" field is in Keystack format. Anything that is not a key name should be in double quotes; outside of the quotes, you can use key names such as Enter:

Code:
"cdd %_tcfolder" enter

Re: Inverse of CDD /t c:\ (sync TCC currdir to Folders view)?

I think this will work:

"cdd %_tcfolder" enter

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Charles Dye <> wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by Arjan van Gog)---
> Is it possible to sync the TCC current dir/drive to the current folder in the Folders view? I tried creating a Tab Toolbar button with a command like this:
>
> (*) Send to the current tab
>
> Command: %_TCFOLDER\^n
>
> but unfortunately the ^n is not recognized so I have to let it out and hit Enter myself. Apparently ^n is only recognized by TCC, not by TC. Is there another escape sequence that TC will recognize as a return character?
> ---End Quote---
> That "Command" field is in Keystack format. Anything that is not a key name should be in double quotes; outside of the quotes, you can use key names such as Enter:
>
>
> Code:
> ---------
> "cdd %_tcfolder" enter
> ---------
>
>
>
>

--
Jim Cook
2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Sunday.

That "Command" field is in Keystack format. Anything that is not a key name should be in double quotes; outside of the quotes, you can use key names such as Enter:

Code:
"cdd %_tcfolder" enter

Thanks Charles! I had looked at the Keystack Help page but having never used Keystack I didn't realize that it was really a key press emulator. I was coming from the pre-conceived notion of using escape characters inside a string to represent special characters like tab and enter.

Thanks again,
Arjan

Re: Inverse of CDD /t c:\ (sync TCC currdir to Folders view)?

I think this will work:

"cdd %_tcfolder" enter

It will. But to be technically correct, we really should add double quotes around the directory name:

Code:
"cdd " ""%_tcfolder"" enter
CDD is actually one of the very few commands which can accept an unquoted filename (i.e. directory name) containing spaces. Best not to rely on such undocumented features, though.

Is there any disadvantage in writing it as

"%_TCFOLDER\" enter

Just wondering. This is how I normally change folders and drives manually.

BTW Rexx if you are reading this I posted a suggestion this morning (European time) in the Suggestions area regarding Internet FTP server support for the CD or CDD command. I got a message that it had to be reviewed by a moderator first but it still doesn't show up whereas all my posts in the Support area do show immediately. Do I need to be cleared for unmoderated posting in all areas individually or is the Suggestions area always moderated?

Is there any disadvantage in writing it as

"%_TCFOLDER\" enter

Just wondering. This is how I normally change folders and drives manually.

I would expect that to fail if the directory name contains spaces. But I just tried it, and it worked! I honestly don't know whether that's good or bad....

Arjan van Gog wrote:
| BTW Rexx

REXX is IBM's software. Rex Conn is the author of all recent JPsoft
products.

| if you are reading this I posted a suggestion this morning
| (European time) in the Suggestions
| (http://www.jpsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5) area regarding
| Internet FTP server support for the CD or CDD command. I got a
| message that it had to be reviewed by a moderator first but it still
| doesn't show up whereas all my posts in the Support area do show
| immediately. Do I need to be cleared for unmoderated posting in all
| areas individually or is the Suggestions area always moderated?

FYI: I received it by email at 2009-02-13 04:37 - 05:00 i.e. 09:37 UTC.
--
Steve

> BTW Rexx if you are reading this I posted a suggestion this morning
> (European time) in the Suggestions
> (http://www.jpsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5) area regarding
> Internet FTP server support for the CD or CDD command. I got a message
> that it had to be reviewed by a moderator first but it still doesn't show
> up whereas all my posts in the Support area do show immediately. Do I need
> to be cleared for unmoderated posting in all areas individually or is the
> Suggestions area always moderated?

Neither -- what happened is that any messages with embedded URLs from people
with less than 10 previous posts goes to the moderation queue. This filters