Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC 30 issues

May
I've observed two unusual behaviors since installing TCC 30:

1) The TCCSTART/TCCEXIT Path is not being saved. If I enter a new value, then exit and restart TCC, the TCCSTART/TCCEXIT Path setting reverts to its default value.
EDIT: this problem appears to affect all settings, not just TCCSTART/TCCEXIT Path. It does not reproduce with TCC 29.

2) After making changes in the option dialog and clicking on OK, focus does not return to the TCC window as expected. I have to manually reselect the TCC window before I can enter a command.
EDIT: this same issue occurs with TCC 29.

Any advice regarding either of these issues?

Output from "ver /r" is as follows:

TCC 30.00.17 x64 Windows 11 [Version 10.0.22621.1702]
TCC Build 17 Windows 11 Build 22621

Last edited:
2) After making changes in the option dialog and clicking on OK, focus does not return to the TCC window as expected. I have to manually reselect the TCC window before I can enter a command.

Are you using WindowsTerminal? If so, that's normal. It's because WindowsTerminal doesn't implement the Win32 API function "GetConsoleWindow" in a way that TCC likes. If running in WindowsTerminal, after opening/closing the option dialog, you look closely, you might even see that a very small "PseudoConsoleWindow" has been made visible.

I have the same problem when running in WindowsTerminal and I don't see that behavior when running in a console.

I also see no problem with TCStart/TCExit path. Aften changing it in the OPTION dialog and starting a new v30, I get this.

Code:
Error on line 147 of D:\tc30\TCMD.INI:
  Invalid path or file name for "TCStartPath=d:\tc300"
Error on line 156 of D:\tc30\TCMD.INI:
  Invalid path or file name for "4StartPath=d:\tc300"

And if I change from d:\tc30 to v:\, copy TCStart.btm to v:\, and start a new instance, I see

Code:
d:\tc30> echo %_tcstart
V:\TCSTART.BTM

Are you using WindowsTerminal? If so, that's normal. It's because WindowsTerminal doesn't implement the Win32 API function "GetConsoleWindow" in a way that TCC likes. If running in WindowsTerminal, after opening/closing the option dialog, you look closely, you might even see that a very small "PseudoConsoleWindow" has been made visible.

I have the same problem when running in WindowsTerminal and I don't see that behavior when running in a console.
I'm using the shortcut created by the installation program, as I always have. This issue also occurs with TCC 29.

Last edited:
I've observed two unusual behaviors since installing TCC 30:

1) The TCCSTART/TCCEXIT Path is not being saved. If I enter a new value, then exit and restart TCC, the TCCSTART/TCCEXIT Path setting reverts to its default value.
EDIT: this problem appears to affect all settings, not just TCCSTART/TCCEXIT Path. It does not reproduce with TCC 29.

Not reproducible here. This may be a local permissions problem with writing to your directory or registry - try starting TCC in an elevated session and see if that works.

Rex,

I tried running TCC 30 as Administrator, and there was no difference in the behavior as far as saving options. That said, the issue of not returning focus to the TCC window after dismissing the option dialog does not occur when TCC 30 is run as Administrator. I examined the permissions on the TCC 29 and TCC 30 registry keys in \HKCU\Software\JP Software; they are the same. Again, the problem of options not being saved does not occur with TCC 29.

Is there anything else I can try?

Jeff

The problem was that TCC 30 said it read TCMD.INI from C:\ProgramData\JP Software\TCC 30, but that directory didnt exist. I created the directory for TCC 30 manually and copied TCMD.INI from the TCC 29 directory; all is now well.

Thanks!

The problem was that TCC 30 said it read TCMD.INI from C:\ProgramData\JP Software\TCC 30, but that directory didnt exist. I created the directory for TCC 30 manually and copied TCMD.INI from the TCC 29 directory; all is now well.

Thanks!
That's odd. I have seven versions, but no directory in Program Data with the name "TCC nn".

My TCMD.INI resides in TCC.EXE's installation directory (d:\tc30, nowhere else) and when I rename it and start TCC30 (now with no INI file) and issue OPTION, I see

1684853522450.png

That file doesn't exist and is written only after saying "OK" in the options dialog.

If the product is installed in "Program Files" (the default, I believe) I don't think you can put TCMD.INI there because of write permissions (Rex, am I right about that?).