Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC debugger throws message on end of attrib

Nov
Even a simple "attrib c:\temp\*.* /S /D" throws at the end :

"TCC: (Sys) Es sind keine weiteren Dateien vorhanden."

How can I get rid of this meesage (in debug mode it is irritationg)?

Thanks - Michael

See help with ...
Code:
attrib /?
It should be: "/E (Keine Fehlermeldungen)" ...
Code:
attrib /E /S /D c:\temp\*.*

attrib.jpg

Yeah that's clear for me - but: Why don't I see this message if I start the same attrib-command directly within a DOD-Command-Bos?

Thanks - Michael

IMHO It could be because you run CMDs within TCC.

You can ensure with the following directive (in TCMD.INI) that CMDs run NOT within TCC:

CMDBatch=Yes

Maybe you have also to ensure that .cmd suffix is not associated with tcc.exe.

"CMDBatch=Yes" in TCMD.INI (section [TakeCommand]) results in "Invalid item-name 'CMDBatch=Yes' !?

.cmd and .bat suffixe associated with "Windows standard":
assoc .bat: .bat=batfile
assoc .cmd: .cmd=cmdfile

And still the question: Why did it work with v24?

Thanks - Michael

Write it under Section [4NT] in Tcmd.ini ... without quotation marks ...

Does is still work with v24? Maybe there has changed something in Windows? Or then CMDBatch=Yes was active ... else I have no idea ...

Greetings

PS: It's also not clear which version you use NOW ... except a version > 24 ... at least here it seems it works flawlessly with current v28 build.

Thanks and sorry I did no carefully enough looked into TC-documentation.

I had to create section [4NT]: Is that correct?

With this setting the attrib messages disappeared (for me it also worked with 1>NUL 2>NUL).

Should I stay with this setting in general? My goal for using TC is "only" debugging a large batch-based-script system which also is distributed to customers who don't have TC.

I use current v28 build.

Michael

With "CMDBatch=Yes" set in TCMD.INI I cannot debug any more (no break at breakpoints) which is my main gooal for using TC. Thus this setting is no solution für my "attribute -problem".

But: I can live with with 1>NUL 2>NUL.

Michael

Strange: My installation two dasy ago steps were:
  • Installation of v28 from fresh download with no additional step with v24 installed
  • Deinstallation of v24 (system control | proframs and features)
Sould I re-download and re-install?

Thanks - Michael

After MY clean install of v28 and configure within TCMD, I had a TCMD.ini like the attached one (added only the lines "
"ShowSuperHidden=Yes" and " "CMDBatch=Yes" manually:

So, it COULD make sense to reinstall to ensure that all is okay. However, it's difficult to say from here ...

Attachments

• TCMD.ZIP
    2.7 KB · Views: 125
Thanks! What does "configure within TCMD" mean? Perhaps this configuration creates the [4NT]-section.

Additionally: My main problem with "CMDBatch=Yes" set in TCMD.INI is: I cannot debug any more (no break at breakpoints) which is my main gooal for using TC. Thus this setting is no solution für my "attribute -problem". Don't you need/use debugging?

Michael

Last edited:
I looked into TakeCommand documentation stating:

TCMD.INI File Sections

The TCMD.INI file has a number of sections. Each section is identified by the section name in square brackets on a line by itself. Take Command stores the user-defined options in [TakeCommand]; TCC stores its user-defined options in [4NT].

This lets me believe that the [4NT]section will only be created on user defined options and thus my installation [without [4NT]-section) seems to be correct.

Michael

"Configure within TCMD" just means that I configured TCMD and TCC options with menu "Optionen" after I installed TCMD. And yes, could be that this then created the [4NT]-Section. I don't know.

About the problem with "no break at brekpoints": yes, same behaviour here. I rarely use bdebugger and then probably with .btm files only. Thanks for pointing that out.

PS: I think that is a side effect of "CMDBatch=Yes" and WAD.

Thanks again.

Using BTM as basis seems to be a good solution, but: I have to deliver my batch-system to several customers. My understanding of TakeCommand is that all these customers would need a TakeComman installation if I delivered BTM-files to them?

My understanding of TakeCommand is that all these customers would need a TakeComman installation if I delivered BTM-files to them?
What about the free TCC-RT?

TCC-RT allows you to run TCC batch files without having to install (or pay for) the full Take Command or TCC on every system.
Joe

Thanks - did not know about this TCC_RT!

At first glance:

TCC-RT also does not support command dialogs, interactive command line input & editing, or the PRE_INPUT, PRE_EXEC, and POST_EXEC aliases. See README.TXT in the TCC-RT installation directory for more details on TCC-RT.

makes me thoughtful as I have dialogs in my system. I'll dive deeper into it.

Michael

If you want interactive command line input with TCC-RT, you could always create your own REPL.

Joe

Note that there is also a stand-alone debugger available for TCC-RT, CMDebug.

It is a product that must be purchased, but it does have a 30-Day trial version.

Joe

TCC-RT is a free fully functional run time version of TCC (Take Command Console), the console mode command processor included in our flagship product Take Command. ???

Michael