Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Directory History Window with wildcard search

Jun
I don't understand the Directory History Window. I type F6, then "*server". Four directories are listed. None are highlighted. If I press Enter, I get 'The system cannot find the path specified ""'. If instead, I press Down, the second directory is highlighted. If I now press Enter, it changes to a directory that was not shown in the window.

I'm doing this in a TCC tab in Take Command.

TCC 26.02.42 x64 Windows 10 [Version 10.0.19041.450]

I don't understand the Directory History Window. I type F6, then "*server". Four directories are listed. None are highlighted. If I press Enter, I get 'The system cannot find the path specified ""'. If instead, I press Down, the second directory is highlighted. If I now press Enter, it changes to a directory that was not shown in the window.

I'm doing this in a TCC tab in Take Command.

TCC 26.02.42 x64 Windows 10 [Version 10.0.19041.450]

AFAIK it's worked[?] this way for a number of previous versions also! :smile:

This is *very* old code -- turns out Microsoft changed one of the multiple-selection listbox messages at some point in the last few years, which resulted in the first Enter selecting (and disabling) the first line in the listbox. A second enter then returned an empty string.

I have fixed this for the next build.

This is *very* old code -- turns out Microsoft changed one of the multiple-selection listbox messages at some point in the last few years, which resulted in the first Enter selecting (and disabling) the first line in the listbox. A second enter then returned an empty string.

I have fixed this for the next build.
Don't wish to be annoying but is this likely to happen for TCC 26? :smile: