Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD Display wrapping issue

samintz

Scott Mintz
May
When I run "Net user mintz /domain" the display gets wrapped funny like TCMD thinks the line is shorter than it is. The issue does not happen in TCC standalone. I also don't see it in MS Terminal. It only happens in TakeCommand.

1592418705763.png

Hmmm! I thought this was discussed recently. There are a few characters (8206. 0x200E) in there. They show up in TCC ...
1592430655745.png

And TCMD doesn't like them.

1592430715636.png

They're double-wide Unicode characters. TCMD supports double-wide characters, but only if you're using a DBCS character set (i.e., Chinese, Japanese, etc.).

I could add support for double-wide characters for all TCMD output, but it would slow down output significantly (at least 10%). So far nobody that's complained about the double-wide characters actually wants slower output in order to get them.

Does anyone know what this glyph is?

1592530940579.png

The Unicode character 8206 is known as "left-to-right mark" (LRM). I don't think it's supposed to print. It might be used, for example, when inserting an English word into Arabic text. Charmap has a box for it in my font (Consolas) but the box contains no symbol. And the symbol shown in the pic above does not look like anything I could find in Consolas. What the heck is it?

Does anyone know what this glyph is?

View attachment 2959

The Unicode character 8206 is known as "left-to-right mark" (LRM). I don't think it's supposed to print. It might be used, for example, when inserting an English word into Arabic text. Charmap has a box for it in my font (Consolas) but the box contains no symbol. And the symbol shown in the pic above does not look like anything I could find in Consolas. What the heck is it?

Looks rather like U+21B1, or possibly U+2320. No idea why either one might be substituted for a left-to-right mark.

I don't see that glyph when echoing %@CHAR[0x200E] in Take Command; the formatting just gets messed up.

Here's a better look at it.
1592534519481.png

It's not U+2320. It's certainly like 0x21B1 (UPWARDS ARROW WITH TIP RIGHTWARDS). That's not in Consolas at all according to charmap. ECHOing it just gives the unprintable symbol
1592535282885.png

But copying that from the console and pasting here gives ↱ ‎‎which is a different size.

I don't know how to get 0x21B1 and 0x200E side-by-side. In most places 0x200E has no symbol and 0x21B1 doesn't print in the console.