TCMD10 tab background color

May 30, 2008
235
2
Using 10.0.51

In TCMD9 I changed the default Windows console text and background colors to get the ones I wanted (black on white).

I had TCMD configured to use default foreground and background colors for tabs (Options - Tabs).

This way when I started a new tab it had the wanted colors. But now with TCMD10 I am required to do a CLS /C to get them, newly started tabs still use white on black unless this is done.

Did something change in TCMD10 or might I have forgotten something? (I have recently switched workstations so I had to reinstall TCMD and transfer all settings).
 
May 30, 2008
235
2
This issue is no big deal as it can be fixed by setting the tab colors in TCMD options instead of using the (default) values and relying on Windows console settings.

I noticed another problem when running TCC in stand-alone mode. It seems that Foreground and Background colors are reversed.

When I use white as output foreground color and black as output background color then the text is black but the background is white.
(I use ANSI colors, but unchecking makes no difference).

Is it supposed to work like this?
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,316
148
nikbackm wrote:

> This issue is no big deal as it can be fixed by setting the tab colors in TCMD options instead of using the (default) values and relying on Windows console settings.
>
> I noticed another problem when running TCC in stand-alone mode. It seems that Foreground and Background colors are reversed.
>
> When I use white as output foreground color and black as output background color then the text is black but the background is white.
> (I use ANSI colors, but unchecking makes no difference).
>
> Is it supposed to work like this?

Not reproducible here, and since I haven't heard this from anybody else
(and I'm sure I would have!) I suspect it's specific to your system.

Send me your TCMD.INI file.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,316
148
nikbackm wrote:

> Using 10.0.51
>
> In TCMD9 I changed the default Windows console text and background colors to get the ones I wanted (black on white).
>
> I had TCMD configured the use default foreground and background colors for tabs (Options - Tabs).
>
> This way when I started a new tab it had the wanted colors. But now with TCMD10 I am required to do a CLS /C to get them, newly started tabs still use white on black unless this is done.
>
> Did something change in TCMD10 or might I have forgotten something? (I have recently switched workstations so I had to reinstall TCMD and transfer all settings).

Not reproducible here. Check both your TCC color settings and your TCMD
tab colors (and your TCSTART) to see if you're overriding the default
console foreground & background.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
May 30, 2008
235
2
nikbackm wrote:



Not reproducible here. Check both your TCC color settings and your TCMD
tab colors (and your TCSTART) to see if you're overriding the default
console foreground & background.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Late reply, since this only occurs at work and I just returned from winter vacation.

TCC 10,00,53 Windows XP [Version 5,1,2600]

The picture here shows the color settings for TCMD and TCC as well as a TCMD session and a TCC session started with "*start" from TCMD.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4374/tcmdtcccolors.png

TCMD.INI file is attached.

Running without TCSTART.BTM did not change anything.
 

Attachments

  • TCMD.INI.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 91
May 30, 2008
235
2
Some more information that might be pertinent.

I have changed the default console (CMD) colors to:
Screen text: (0,0,0) (R,G,B)
Screen Background (192,192,192) (R,G,B)

CMD consoles are thus using black text on a white background.

Also, when running in a TCC console these commands have the following effects.

"cls white on black" - Text color -> black, Bg color -> white
"cls black on white" - Text color -> white, Bg color -> black
"cls yellow on green" - As expected, yellow text and green background
"cls red on blue" - As expected
"cls yel on red" - As expected.
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A TCMD10 doesn't save options until restarted Support 10
S TCMD10 bug Support 6
D TCC tab detaching & restarting Support 3
Joe Caverly Changing the TAB key Support 10
fpefpe bash.exe as a tab Support 0
C How to? Mouse support in WSL when in Take Command Tab Support 2
P How to enable \ with tab completion Support 4
Joe Caverly DrawVLine results different in TCMD tab and detached TCC Support 11
Joe Caverly Tab from clipboard Support 6
Joe Caverly Clone a TCC Tab Support 9
R New Cloud Storage Tab in TCC options causing problems Support 0
CWBillow PowerShell tab as Admin Support 2
vefatica TYPE resets console tab settings Support 14
CWBillow TCMD PowerShell Tab elevated Support 6
CWBillow Take Command tab as PowerShell Support 3
Fross Tab Question Support 6
CWBillow TCMD Tab Defs Support 4
L WAD In console, tabs are rendered with non-uniform tab-stop spacing Support 16
Emilio III TCMD Tab titles on Insider Windows Support 2
P Run as Admin tab in non-elevated Take Command session? Support 9
CWBillow Powershell tab in TCMD? Support 2
Phileosophos Startup tab layout Support 2
M How to? How to set a default TITLE for newly opened tab? Support 2
R How to? Change TCMD tab font size in window menu Support 3
D Get tab position and size Support 6
C Running PowerShell_ISE in a Tab Support 7
D How cut in TCC tab window Support 5
C How to? run a BTM in elevated, inv tcc tab window Support 9
D Take Command tab only uses half of window Support 1
rps Tab clone problem Support 2
C MONITOR commands alter tab title when triggered Support 0
D Tab completion differences with cmd.exe Support 3
H lua Causes Take Command Tab to Exit Support 5
vefatica Tab completion? Support 4
D How to? How to show variables expanded in the log tab Support 3
I tab completion with directory commands Support 7
R Fixed v17.0.54 Tab->COMSPEC Dialog Box Issue Support 2
vefatica Fixed Crash removing toolbar tab Support 1
I v16 Spawning a PowerShell tab Support 3
Jay Sage Getting Quote Characters into a Toolbar Tab Support 12
Jay Sage "New Tab" Strangeness Support 2
rps Command Input Window tab completion broken Support 7
David Wilbanks How to make new tab open in same directory as previous tab? Support 4
tmaynard How to? Any way to run a command in a new tab at startup? Support 18
A How to? Frozen session tab with "ERROR: The file is either empty or does not contain the valid choices." Support 19
W Opening a new tab takes forever to get the command prompt Support 5
Joe Caverly VIEW window in a TCC tab window problems Support 5
B WAD tab navigation broken Support 3
D Console window titles / tab caption Support 4
Joe Caverly New Tab In TCMD Changes TCC Window Size Support 1

Similar threads