Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Version 19.00.23 Crashes

Dec
After Build 23, TCMD crashes after about 5 minutes of running, even if TCMD is minimized.

I have background TCC Windows running they have never been a problem before.

I may have to back out and go back to Build 22.

Craig

Which error logs are you referring to, the Windows Event log?

I have crash dumps produced using SysInternals' ProcDump.

One produced using "C:\Program Files\SysInternals\procdump" -o -n 1 -e -64 -mp 9528 TCMD.dmp" (Large) and the other "C:\Program Files\SysInternals\procdump" -o -n 1 -e -64 3280 TCMD.dmp" (Smaller)

I think Rex is referring to the TCMD and TCC exception log files in the install folder. Usually (for x64):

C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD19_x64\tcc.exception.log
C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD19_x64\tcmd.exception.log

I had the same crash issue with 23 right after setting up and starting to run it on Win7x86. The log files were empty also. I did capture this from Windows:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    tcmd.exe
  Application Version:    19.0.23.0
  Application Timestamp:    56664608
  Fault Module Name:    tcmd.exe
  Fault Module Version:    19.0.23.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    56664608
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000531ca
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Both files are empty, that why I asked, I was hoping there were other files with something in them, I sent a mini-dump to [email protected]

If the log files are empty, then the crash wasn't in TCMD (or TCC) code. It either happened in a Windows DLL that had its own exception handler, or a third-party app that injected itself into TCMD (or TCC).

Tried backing out to 19.00.22, it works fine, 19.00.23 does not work. I also loaded the debugger after the crash to see what the Call Stack showed:

Call-Stack.png

If the log files are empty, then the crash wasn't in TCMD (or TCC) code. It either happened in a Windows DLL that had its own exception handler, or a third-party app that injected itself into TCMD (or TCC).

@Rex,

How would you suggest debugging this occurrence if this happens to someone not in the know, please?

@Rex,

How would you suggest debugging this occurrence if this happens to someone not in the know, please?

And if 19.00.22 works and 19.00.23 doesn't work, what changed? My system didn't change, sure the error may be coming from a Windows DLL or injected code (why doesn't it inject itself into 19.00.22 and cause a crash) but the only thing that could of changed is how they were called from TCMD.

I followed TCMD with Process Monitor and got:

tcmd1.png

The previous 11 events were "Thread Exit" events
The "Thread Exit" events info is as follows:
tcmd2.png
tcmd3.png

The "IRP_MJ_DIRECTORY_CONTROL" events info is as follows:
tcmd4.png
tcmd5.png

Continued next comment (image upload limit)

And finally "IRP_MJ_QUERY_INFORMATION" events info is as follows:
tcmd6.png
tcmd7.png

The process tab is attach, it is a CSV (excel)

TCMD seems to crash when something change on the network drive.

Attachments

• process.csv.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited: