Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A weirdoid plugin question

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
Is there any way to attach an existing, non-console window as a Take Command tab? Like what START /TAB does, only for an existing window rather than a new one?

The answer is probably a resounding NO, but I thought I'd ask....

Charles:
When you wrote "weirdoid" did you mean "resembles weird but isn't"? As "factoid" resembles fact, "android" resembles andros (Greek for man=male human), "anthropoid" resembles anthropos (Greek for human, male OR female), "trapezoid" resembles trapeze, etc., but none are actually what they resemble...

Charles:
When you wrote "weirdoid" did you mean "resembles weird but isn't"? As "factoid" resembles fact, "android" resembles andros (Greek for man=male human), "anthropoid" resembles anthropos (Greek for human, male OR female), "trapezoid" resembles trapeze, etc., but none are actually what they resemble...

Nah; that would be pseudo-weird or quasiweird. I just meant "really weird". As in "a weirdoid plugin". (It's not a real word; it only has a pseudoetymology.)

Nah; that would be pseudo-weird or quasiweird. I just meant "really weird". As in "a weirdoid plugin". (It's not a real word; it only has a pseudoetymology.)
I.e., superweird, like superdefiant - my description of my 16-year old daughter for the last several years. However, the -oid suffix has exactly the same meaning as the quasi- or pseudo- prefixes, and I had to scratch the remaining hair off my head to figure out what you meant. Not quite successfully, as it turned out. After all, although factoid means a falsehood that appears to be true, people often use it to mean an unimprortant fact. But then people often use the prefix ex- in the wrong part of a title, e.g., "ex-american president" - which means the current president of what had been America, when they mean "American expresident". They say it in their mind, where you can indicate through accentuation that ex applies to the whole phrase, but the reader does not hear the whole statement as a single unit. BTW, what is the conversion rate between USD, tax dollar and food dollar? (1e9 tax dollar = 1 food dollar?)

I.e., superweird, like superdefiant - my description of my 16-year old daughter for the last several years. However, the -oid suffix has exactly the same meaning as the quasi- or pseudo- prefixes, and I had to scratch the remaining hair off my head to figure out what you meant. Not quite successfully, as it turned out.

Man, don't overintellectualize my silliness. It just makes us both annoid.

BTW, what is the conversion rate between USD, tax dollar and food dollar? (1e9 tax dollar = 1 food dollar?)

I have no idea what you're asking here. A dollar is a dollar, unless it's Canadian.