1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentation Plugin API/SDK

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by fpefpe, Nov 3, 2012.

1. fpefpe

Hello –

I am having an issue with my pluging and I would just like to clarify when a plugin function or variable returns text ....

- The returned value is copied into the same buffer that was pass to the function that contained the arguments to the function

- The buffer is 8192 “bytes” large, thus it can hold 4096 unicode (TCHAR) characters, the
    return value must terminate with a null, or zero value, so the longest string would be 4095 characters, plus one (1) unicode zero character

Thanks

2. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes.

I haven't tested, but I think it's more than that: 8K wide characters, or 16 kilobytes. Might even be more -- Rex does sometimes increase buffer sizes in a new version.

3. fpefpe

Thanks -- I found the 8lk value in the header file (*.h) -- Do you know if there is a new SDK for V14?

4. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yah, I'm looking at the same thing. He says "8191 characters" but also that it's terminated with a "null byte". So that's a bit confusing. No, I don't think the SDK has been updated for awhile.