WAD @index not working in v16 x64

Code:
TCC 16.00.38 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2014 JP Software Inc. All Rights Reserved
Registered to Charles S. Galloway - 5 System License

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]if not 1 == 01 echo FAIL (looks like CMD.EXE)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %@index[4NT!TCC!TCCLE!TCMD32!,%_cmdproc!] == -1 echo FAIL (unknown shell)
FAIL (unknown shell)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]*if %_4ver lt 7 echo FAIL (_4VER less than 7)

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo %_cmdproc
TCC

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]echo "%_cmdproc"
"TCC"

Code:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64]setdos
ANSI=0
COMPOUND=&
DESCRIPTIONS=1  (DESCRIPT.ION)
ESCAPE=^
EVAL=0.10
EXPANSION=0
MODE=1
NOCLOBBER=1
PARAMETERS=$
CURSOR OVERSTRIKE=15
CURSOR INSERT=100
VERBOSE=0

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
Nothing weird there. I'm baffled.

I have found that OPTION CMDVARIABLES, if enabled, will break the test in question. But it breaks almost everything, including ECHO %_CMDPROC. If that were on, you'd be seeing a whole lot more issues.

Nothing weird there. I'm baffled.

I have found that OPTION CMDVARIABLES, if enabled, will break the test in question. But it breaks almost everything, including ECHO %_CMDPROC. If that were on, you'd be seeing a whole lot more issues.
I can toggle Charles's error with the "DelayedExpansion" directive, available via the OPTION dialog ... Yes = error, No = no error.

Charles. I have it working now. Since it seems to be the DelayedExpansion INI directive - it might be a good idea to modify the RegTweaks.btm so it saves the OPTION[], changes it to off, then reverses the process before the BTM is finished.

Also I did the RegTweaks /undo and looked at the .REG file (attached) and it seems to be saving more then the JPSoft related items. Is it possible to modify the -undo processing so it just does the JPSoft products?

NOTE: Edited since I forgot to upload the .REG file (renamed)

Attachments

Last edited:

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
Charles. I have it working now. Since it seems to be the DelayedExpansion INI directive - it might be a good idea to modify the RegTweaks.btm so it saves the OPTION[], changes it to off, then reverses the process before the BTM is finished.
Or just change all the exclamation points to periods or dollar signs or something....

I typically use semicolon ";", esp. when spaces are possible. Hasn't failed me yet.

Of course, I never use CMD, so all CMD compatibility directives are off...

There are instances when only ASCII is available (7-bit), but not the vertical bar. In those circumstances I use the exclamation mark for column separator in tables (the visually closest), where the issue might have hurt me but for choosing incompatibility with CMD.