Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XHISTORY Popup Not Working as Described

Jun
The build-13 help says:

"To activate the command history window press Ctrl-Shift- PgUp or Ctrl-Shift- PgDn at the command line. (The hotkey can be redefined by changing XHistWinOpen in the OPTION / Keyboard / History dialog.) A popup window will appear, with the command you most recently executed marked with a highlight."

After I execute, for example, three different commands of the form "echo ...", the highlight is not on the most recently executed command; it is on the first "echo" command in the sequence. So, either the popup is not working correctly or the help description of the behavior is wrong or misleading.

The help also says:

"You can view a "filtered" history window by typing some characters on the command line, then pressing Ctrl-Shift- PgUp or Ctrl-Shift- PgDn. Only those commands matching the typed characters will be displayed in the window."

That also is not working. If I enter "echo" on the command line and press Ctrl-Shift-PgUp, the popup window has all the commands, not just those starting with or containing "echo".

I can reproduce the second behavior. The list is not filtered by what's on the command line.

As for the first observation, I don't know what's intended but it actually seems to work like ... with the most recently MOUSE-selected/highlighted/executed command still selected/highlighted. MOUSE is the keyword there. AFAICT you can't change the dialog_open_selection with the keyboard alone (while you can navigate and execute with only the keyboard).

For example, I open the dialog and it looks like this.

1710702318441.png

Then I <Up> to this state ...

1710702383555.png

... and press <Enter>. ECHO 1 is executed and the dialog closes. The next time I open the dialog, I see this.

1710702500742.png

This doesn't seem to be true either:

XHISTORY - Display or modify the TCC Extended History list
(If you just finished re-executing a command from the history, then the next command in sequence will be highlighted.)

I press Ctrl-Shift-PageUp

I type echo then press Enter
1710705848491.png

I think this is WAD.

Joe

I was not referring to the search box in the popup window but to starting to type a command at the command line and then opening the popup.

Rex, it would be nice if the search box in the popup window would be interactive, i.e., start filtering as text is entered without having to press ENTER.

It would also be good to have an 'X' box to clear the search and return to seeing all the commands.

Rex, it would be nice if the search box in the popup window would be interactive, i.e., start filtering as text is entered without having to press ENTER.

I tried this, but it cannot be done for technical and performance reasons.

It would also be good to have an 'X' box to clear the search and return to seeing all the commands.

An Escape in the search box will clear the contents.