Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? working with arrays

Apr
Code:
SETLOCAL

setdos /x-1256789A

if not isdir .\test\ md .\test\

setarray /f info[10,1]

set info[0,0]=CompanyName
  set info[1,0]=FileDescription
  set info[2,0]=FileVersion
  set info[3,0]=InternalName
  set info[4,0]=LegalCopyright
  set info[5,0]=LegalTrademarks
  set info[6,0]=OriginalFileName
  set info[7,0]=ProductName
  set info[8,0]=ProductVersion
  set info[9,0]=Build

for %fn in (*.exe) gosub :doExe "%fn"
  goto :end

:doEXE

set sNew=
    rem build new EXE name
    For /l %n in (0,1,9) echo if "%@trim[%@verinfo[%fn,@info[%n]]]" NE "" set %sNew=%sNew-`%@trim[%@verinfo[%fn,@info[%n]]]`
    move /r /n "%fn" "test\%sNew"

:end

setdos /x+1256789A
ENDLOCAL

QUIT
Code:

This code snippet isn't producing the expected results for the "For /l %n in" line. What am i doing wrong please?

This is fishy: set %sNew=%sNew .... I'm guessing you meant set sNew=%fn... (no % on the sNew).

And none of that will happen because it's only being ECHOed (not executed). So the next line (move) seems like nonsense.

And I don't see a RETURN in your subroutine.

This is fishy: set %sNew=%sNew .... I'm guessing you meant set sNew=%fn... (no % on the sNew).

And none of that will happen because it's only being ECHOed (not executed). So the next line (move) seems like nonsense.

Two other problems I see are in this part of the line: %@trim[%@verinfo[%fn,@info[%n]]]"

When you refer to the info variable you need a %, not an @. But when you correct that it still won't work as you've defined a two dimensional array but are refering to it as a one dimensional array, which will give you an Invalid array argument (out of bounds) error. I'm not sure why you've defined it as a two dimensional array, perhaps you need the second dimension in another part of your batch file as this is just a snippet, but you need to either change to a one dimensional array or change the reference in your problem line to %info[%n,0]. There are two such references in the problem line, you need to correct both of them.

Good morning. What I am trying to do with the for /l %n in (0,1,9) line is to, after starting with a empty var, add the value of each of the verinfo fields if they are not empty, to the end of the var.

added the RETURN.

Why i am ECHOing the test is to help me debug the loop.

Complete BTM is below....

Code:
SETLOCAL

setdos /x-1256789A

if not isdir .\test\ md .\test\

setarray /f info[10,1]

set info[0,0]=CompanyName
  set info[1,0]=FileDescription
  set info[2,0]=FileVersion
  set info[3,0]=InternalName
  set info[4,0]=LegalCopyright
  set info[5,0]=LegalTrademarks
  set info[6,0]=OriginalFileName
  set info[7,0]=ProductName
  set info[8,0]=ProductVersion
  set info[9,0]=Build

for %fn in (*.exe) gosub :doExe "%fn"
  goto :end

:doEXE

set sNew=
    rem build new EXE name
    For /l %n in (0,1,9) echo if "%@trim[%@verinfo[%fn,%info[%n]]]" NE "" set sNew=%sNew-`%@trim[%@verinfo[%fn,%info[%n]]]`
    move /r /n "%fn" "test\%sNew"

return

:end

setdos /x+1256789A
ENDLOCAL

QUIT

For /l %n in (0,1,9) echo if "%@trim[%@verinfo[%fn,%info[%n]]]" NE "" set sNew=%sNew-`%@trim[%@verinfo[%fn,%info[%n]]]`
You made info a 2-dimensional array: setarray /f info[10,1]. Reference it with a pair of indices ... %info[%n,0].

Or just make it a 1-D array in the first place.

Code:
setarray /f info[10]
set info[0]=CompanyName

The [For /l %n in (0,1,9) ...] doesn't seem right?

Code:
if "Zoom Video Communications, Inc." NE "" set sNew=-`Zoom Video Communications, Inc.`
if "Zoom Meetings Installer" NE "" set sNew=-`Zoom Meetings Installer`
if "5.15.0" NE "" set sNew=-`5.15.0`
if "© Zoom Video Communications, Inc. All rights reserved." NE "" set sNew=-`© Zoom Video Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.`
if "" NE "" set sNew=-``
if "5.15.0" NE "" set sNew=-`5.15.0`
if "" NE "" set sNew=-``
C:\Users\csgal\Downloads\EXEs_BTMs\test\Zoom_Meetings_Installer_5.15.0_5.15.0.exe -> C:\Users\csgal\Downloads\EXEs_BTMs\test\test\Zoom_Meetings_Installer_5.15.0_5.15.0.exe
     1 file would be moved

That looks pretty good to me. Remember, you're only ECHOing the IF ... SET statement. The SET isn't executed and sNew remains unset.