Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V20b8 Everything Issue

May
Hello all. I did a clean install of v20 build 8 today and when I start "everything /e" it appears to have nothing in the DB. The screen is blank. And, naturally, the extended directory features are also not working.

I've uninstalled tcmd and cleaned up everything per the instructions on removing it on the Void Tools site and reinstalled. However, it's very consistently empty.

I'm not really certain how to troubleshoot it. I installed everything as a service and the service is running. Everything is selected in the option dialog.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I did not have it on previous versions or the v20 alphas. I'm guessing it must be me or someone would have posted already, but I'd appreciate someone taking a look. Any ideas on troubleshooting would also be most welcome.

Thank you all.

Michael

You need to reapply your settings. Run EVERYTHING /O and reselect the drives you want to index.

Hello Scott,

In the NTFS index screen all of my drives are present and the options looks right to me. Applying the options and restarting the service (just to be safe) didn't seem to help. Any other thoughts?

Michael

Make sure "Include in Database" is checked for each drive you want indexed.

Make sure you don't have any stray old copies of Everything running.
Code:
tasklist everything

I have 2 processes - the Everything service and the Everything tray icon.

There was some oddness when I transitioned from running my own copy of Everything to the one bundled with Tcmd. But haven't had any issues since I let Tcmd manage them.

Ah, as usual you were right! For some reason my drives became unselected in the include in database options. Not sure why, but I'm good.

Thank you so much. I owe ya a beer :)

Michael