1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum (XenForo) problems

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steve Fabian, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Steve Fabian

1/ In the recent thread "Associating BTM files with IDE results in DOS box" only the posts on the first page (as displayed in Firefox) resulted in email notifications.

2/ IIRC clicking on the blue dot of the same thread before I ever seen the second page put me on the last message of the first page.

3/ Attempting to reply Charles Dye's message in the same thread more than 6 posts and 8 hours later the "reply" box did not work. To quote his post I had to use copy-and-paste, and insert quote/endquote tags manually.

Note: Since JP Software is XenForo's customer, any complaint about these problems carries no weight with XenForo unless it is made by JP Software.

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

As I've mentioned a few dozen times previously, we do not provide any support for email notifications. (And neither does XenForo, since this isn't a XenForo feature.)

I don't know what you're referring to. What's a "blue dot"?

Not reproducible here.

3. Steve Fabian

2/ In the XenForo "What's New?" view, there is a blue dot on which to click to view a thread starting at the first unread message (as recorded on the forum server).
    3/ I tried 3 times. Charles' post is the the first one on the 2nd page of the thread here. Using the latest version of Firefox on WinXP Pro SP3 (32b).

4. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Works fine here (Chrome & IE -- I don't use FireFox anymore, as it's deteriorated markedly in recent versions).

I tried three times in Chrome and three times in IE and it worked every time.