Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem at Startup of TCC

When I try to start TCC from the icon on the desktop, I get an error message (see attachment). When I go to the subject file, I see

CDDWinLeft=18286
CDDWinTop=18286

That obviously does not pass the smell test, putting the display on Uranus or such. Can I just set the values in tcmd.ini to zero or such? After a couple of Enters, it does start up (subject to my continuing problem of a squib immediately after a Windows update that you cannot duplicate) but this is another annoyance.

Harvey

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    245.4 KB · Views: 330
CDDWinLeft and CDDWinTop don't seem to be used. Instead, these change when I move the DirHistory popup.
Code:
PopupWinHeight
PopupWinTop
PopupWinLeft
PopupWinWidth

Editing TCMD.INI and setting PopupWinLeft and PopupWinTop to 0 and starting a new TCC causes the DirHistory window to align with the left/top of the TCC console window.

CDDWinxxx are used when you pass a wildcard name to CD or CDD. You can delete the bad entries and TCC will use the default values.
Hmmm! Was that feature ever touted; is it mentioned in the help? The help says
Code:
If Search Level = 0, extended searches are disabled, the JPSTREE.IDX database is ignored, and CD, CDD, PUSHD and
automatic directory changes search for directories using only explicit names and CDPATH. This is the default.
I have SearchLevel=0 (in the option dialog, nothing in the INI file), but I get the popup if I
Code:
cd *