Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem with Context Menu Copy+Paste+Run Key Assignment

Jun
I finally figured out how to configure the context menu for command-line editing (right-click in the clipboard section of the Edit menu). I then duplicated the assignments I made in version 19, including assigning Alt-R to Copy+Paste+Run. Opening the context menu with a right-click and selecting that option works, but Alt-R does the Copy+Paste but not the Run.

All of the Alt-alpha keys I have defined, exactly as it did in version 19, are being picked up by TCMD. The problem is that Alt-R, which is associated with Copy-Paste-Run, does the copy and paste but fails to run. That's a bug.

I have Alt-P assigned to Copy-Paste, and it works fine. Alt-N opens a new tab just fine. Moreover, all of the keys work just fine in version 19.

Jay seems to be right. I assigned Alt-R to Copy+Paste+Run and it only copied and pasted.

And, FWIW, all Alt-letter combinations seem to work except for the letters F, E, V, T, L, W, O, H (expected, they're on TCMD's main menu) and Q (I don't know why).

I just tried assigning Ctrl-R to that function, and it works. Then I tried Alt-. (Alt Period), and it has the same problem as Alt-R. So I'm wondering if it's a problem with Alt key assignments. Yep, Alt-/ has the problem. But the Alt key assignments to other functions seem to work.

I just tried assigning Ctrl-R to that function, and it works. Then I tried Alt-. (Alt Period), and it has the same problem as Alt-R. So I'm wondering if it's a problem with Alt key assignments. Yep, Alt-/ has the problem. But the Alt key assignments to other functions seem to work.
I assigned all the Alt-letter keys I mentioned to NewTab and they all worked.

My point is that you're setting up conflicts between menu accelerator keys and shortcut keys. Alt-R is already defined as an accelerator key. And your shortcuts are going to break whenever I add new menu entries.

TCMD with your Alt-R is actually calling Copy+paste+run, but the trailing return key is (sometimes, depending on the system speed) being discarded in the RTL when it's sent to the console. I am trying to find a workaround that doesn't require adding a delay (which does work).

Can accelerator keys be turned off in the configuration? Apparently in version 19 Alt-R was not assigned as an accelerator key, and that shortcut worked fine -- and I don't seem to need it as a menu accelerator.

Alternatively, I'd have to train myself to use control keys instead of alt keys. For every alt key I was using I have added the corresponding control key as well. It's just that my fingers automatically type Alt-R before I even think (and this is something I do in TCMD all the time). It's also physically easier as I hold the alt key down with my left thumb while typing R with my index finger. Ctrl-R is much harder to type.