Problem at Startup of TCC

Feb 21, 2009
When I try to start TCC from the icon on the desktop, I get an error message (see attachment). When I go to the subject file, I see

CDDWinLeft=18286
CDDWinTop=18286

That obviously does not pass the smell test, putting the display on Uranus or such. Can I just set the values in tcmd.ini to zero or such? After a couple of Enters, it does start up (subject to my continuing problem of a squib immediately after a Windows update that you cannot duplicate) but this is another annoyance.

Harvey

Attachments

May 20, 2008
Syracuse, NY, USA
CDDWinLeft and CDDWinTop don't seem to be used. Instead, these change when I move the DirHistory popup.
Code:
PopupWinHeight
PopupWinTop
PopupWinLeft
PopupWinWidth
Editing TCMD.INI and setting PopupWinLeft and PopupWinTop to 0 and starting a new TCC causes the DirHistory window to align with the left/top of the TCC console window.

May 20, 2008
Syracuse, NY, USA
CDDWinxxx are used when you pass a wildcard name to CD or CDD. You can delete the bad entries and TCC will use the default values.
Hmmm! Was that feature ever touted; is it mentioned in the help? The help says
Code:
If Search Level = 0, extended searches are disabled, the JPSTREE.IDX database is ignored, and CD, CDD, PUSHD and
automatic directory changes search for directories using only explicit names and CDPATH. This is the default.
I have SearchLevel=0 (in the option dialog, nothing in the INI file), but I get the popup if I
Code:
cd *