Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIEW PRINT - Documentation corrected - Font size

Jan
In order to print all files in a directory with switches, I have been figuring out VIEW /P which will print files. See for gory details: https://jpsoft.com/forums/threads/view-print-multiple-files-switches-fail.7163/#post-41096

I've solved the final piece: the documentation for font size is wrong. If you use it, you cannot change font size.
Current (wrong) documentation:
/Font:"Font Name",size eg, /Font:"Courier New",10​
Correct (future) documentation:
/Font:"Font Name: size" eg, /Font:"Courier New: 10"​

Example, to correctly print all *.txt files in current directory, with left margin, page header:
VIEW *.txt /P /Font:"Arial: 11" /LM:0.75 /Header:"%%e;%%f;Page %%p"

This syntax is incorrect. The font size needs to be specified outside of the quotes otherwise it is taken to be part of the font name.

The correct syntax should be: VIEW *.txt /P /Font:"Arial",11 /LM:0.75 /Header:"%%e;%%f;Page %%p"

However, this results in an error message.It seems there is a problem in how the comma is parsed.

I will talk to Rex about the best way to fix this.

I don't believe you are correct. The reason is simple; the following works:
I have tested it with different fonts and different sizes.

This syntax is incorrect. The font size needs to be specified outside of the quotes otherwise it is taken to be part of the font name.

The correct syntax should be: VIEW *.txt /P /Font:"Arial",11 /LM:0.75 /Header:"%%e;%%f;Page %%p"

However, this results in an error message.It seems there is a problem in how the comma is parsed.

The error appears in TCC only, not in TCMD within TCC tab by the way ...

@Rex: why is this different?

I don't believe you are correct.
No. It doesn't work. But it will work if you use a comma instead of a colon.

That is, /Font:"Arial:11" will not work but /Font:"Arial,11" will.

Note that there must not be a space after the comma. ("Arial,11" will work, "Arial, 11" will not)

NOW, even in TCC this gives me NO MORE an error. What the hell - I'm so confused about this ...

EDIT: after new retests, it SEEMS, I never had this problem. I ASSUME this has nevertheless then to do with my Full Version of V (V64) ... or with my OS version or -language or with my TCMD/TCC setting or whatever ;-)

Or what can be the reason to not receive an error with the syntax above?

Last edited: